If I were to buy an upgrade right now, this is what I would buy:
- Lead screw (8mm) and linear bearings movement greater than 200mm.
- Antibacklash nut for 8mm lead screw
- Router clamp for your router (91 mm for rigid)
- T10 belts
- 60 tooth T10 gear with 6 mm shaft mount for motor
- 20 tooth T10 gear with 8mm shaft mount for lead screw
- Blue loctite fluid for small set screws to help hold it all together
- 2 pc side ³/4 ply for support
- 3/4 ply mounting plate
- 3/4 ply moving mount (al plate would be better)
- Router mount ($30 from metal maslow) or 3d print one or cut one from plywood.
Honestly for the time and effort, I’d get a metal sled setup because I struggle with accurately drilling the holes to get everything to line up.
I’m putting this up as a list and will follow with an edit with the links. Check out the meticulous sled setup. I believe there is a cut pattern and a parts list.