Is this a bogus forum copy?

Actually, I really have thought about it. But I know nothing with the programming side. So the board production and webcontrol piece would be difficult for me.

I don’t think there is a rift. Or at least no any mof than them making another partial copy of the forum. I was just poking around asking questions. My goal wasn’t to make anyone mad.

Maslow nation! That was well said. We should get a run of t-shirts made.

Copying is the sincerest form of flattery… but if the information is that good, why not just link to it?

1 Like

Seriously, put me down for a shirt!

1 Like

You don’t need to program. Webcontrol2022 works. (Just kidding). But it is all open source so you could just fork the repo and rebrand or cut down webcontrol to the bare minimum and sell the user interface with a control box like a 3d printer…

I already forked the groundcontrol2032 repo and started the merge back into ground control just to see…

I’m thinking it could be a family tree with the Maslow logo and then it’s children makermade, Eastbay and metalmaslow. But if those logos are registered trademarks, it could be a problem if they don’t like it.

May need to rethink how best to represent the nation. Pull their profile icons… Those aren’t trademarked are they?

The problem with me is although I would like to start up and be a vendor, I’m deployed almost every year. Is there even enough people buying the machine for 3 vendors?

Trust me, this is a bigger pain in the ass than you ever could imagine.

Probably not. It would be more a labor of love.

Business idea.

Just do “Maslow Nation” with original symbol. Offer the vendors 10% of sales done through their store. Post it here and on the vendors sites for sales. Everyone makes money, Everyone gets a badass shirt. And maybe we can buy Bar a Christmas present.

1 Like

There have been 3 vendors for the years I’ve been around. Each had their own personality, that is for sure. Makermade had a good presentation and package with nice instructions and well labeled kits. Metalmaslow had a great value for the cash, but long lead times. EastBaySource was the value line and only recently picked up more sales with the ground control update coinciding when makermade departed with the M2/makerverse rabbit hole and started their own ecosystem and then tripled the price and metalmaslow ghosted.

Maslow nation: Pick your city, but belong to the collective

No

Maslow nation: uniting cutters everywhere

Cheesy

Maslow nation: no better cuts, Bar none.

Ok sorry. Someone else. Someone more clever will need to think it through. Maybe we could ask chatgpt to write us a haiku about it?

Putting Bars name on it would be an awesome tribute

One @bar inspired ChatGPT poem for your reading pleasure:

Bar Smith, a maker with a dream,
A CNC machine, a cutting scheme.
A tool for all, a dream come true,
A way to make, to craft anew.

Maslow CNC, a creation so grand,
A precision tool, in many hands.
With passion and skill, he made it right,
An innovation, in our sight.

Bar Smith, a leader with a vision,
A pathfinder, with a noble mission.
To empower makers, to unleash their might,
To create, to build, with all their might.

Maslow CNC, a legacy so bright,
A symbol of innovation, of pure delight.
A dream fulfilled, a maker’s dream,
Bar Smith, the creator, a true beam.

So here’s to Bar Smith, a maker supreme,
A hero of the craft, a true machine.
With Maslow CNC, he’s made his mark,
A legacy, that’ll forever spark.

1 Like

Gofundme for a bronze Bar statue with the poem being cut on the prototype machine…

That ChatGPT thing is scary smart.

Tag line:

Bar Smith, maker supreme
made the maslow, a true machine!

Can someone tell me how this thread went from exposing a shadow Maslow forum to elevating bar to demi-god status? I’m ok with it, I just want to know where I lost the plot.

2 Likes

That works for me.

To be honest, I was hoping for more fracturing and more radically different takes on how the machine could be built. Most of the kits that are for sale now aren’t much better than the original and I think that there is still a ton of room for improvement. I’m absolutely going to put out another design myself, just gotta make it work and save up some money so I can focus on it.

1 Like

I’ve had some ideas on what I would want. How much deviation would make it not a maslow?

In my opinion, what makes it a maslow-type machine is the router hanging. Once
you add a gantry you have a conventional machine

cable vs chain, 2 motor vs 4 motor (or other thing to add tension), size,
stepper vs sensored DC vs sensored BLDC, etc are implementation details of the
basic concept.

David Lang