Issue with default "jog" button value? (RESOLVED)

Used the horizontal (left) movement button. It was set at 100 and one click resulted in over 6’ of movement (at which point the cables were totally fowled up). It did at least move in the correct direction …

That sounds like it could be an issue with the machine not having a good understanding of it’s anchor points, is that possible?

If this helps, I also saw this happen when trying a jog with openbuilds control over USB yesterday (but down instead of left). It went down, but also let out slack in the bottom belts too. I hit up and it went down again and let out more slack on the bottom belts.

I attributed it to the issues I stated on that thread (heartbeat interference) but I wonder if it had lost its config or something instead…

1 Like

I don’t see how. It was in its center home location and an extend all had let out just enough on each arm to reach the current anchor points before I tightened the belts.

Mike Clancy wrote:

I don’t see how. It was in its center home location and an extend all had let out just enough on each arm to reach the current anchor points before I tightened the belts.

This is after you finished calibration?

What was the fitness value of your calibration?

David Lang

Yes, it was fully calibrated. I believe It came in at around 0.55.

1 Like

Retested today and encountered no issues. I believe the problem was caused by my Android tablet repeating a click, so be warned about using one for this purpose.

1 Like