Launching GC in Linux

In still shows on both commands suggested by you guys (thank you very much)…the error:
unable to fetch (archive.ubunto.com…/python-pip…Could not resolve “archive.ubuntu.com

Could it be that the ubuntu page is down or something??
I tried twice this morning to install Ubuntu (to check if mint was the problem) via flash drive, the iso image from ubuntu, but there was always an error in the installer… it seemed that the iso did not downloaded well…

At this point my guess is that the ubuntu page is down…

any thoughts?..thank you very much

possibly, but it’s more likely at your end.

Also, I thought you said you were using Mint, but that’s fetching from Ubuntu?

can you make sure you can get out to the Internet from that machine?

David Lang

omfg you guys @dlang @blurfl…you both are going to kill me…and I hope all the user have a good laugh at this…
it is solved, by installing pil with : sudo apt-get install python-pil

and yes…mint goes and fetch from ubuntu page…idk y

Thank you very much!..

and yes, the wi-fi was acting up, so I connected the cable and voilá…

jesus I swear…, please don´t laugh too hard…, thank you so much again…

3 Likes

We’re laughing with you :grin: glad you’ve solved it!

2 Likes

Hi everyone , brand new to Linux but it seems awesome and fast, got past the open GL errors for 1.1 to 2. Got Arduino up and installed.

Now I have installed kivy, pyhton and ground control but when I try running ground control it doesn’t start. I’m running Linux mint. If anyone can help ide appreciate it.

I get a large long terminal box that doesn’t show any errors but ground control just doesn’t start for some reason.

we are starting to recommend using WebControl instead of GroundControl because
of problems like this.

WC uses a browser insted of the kivy library.

David Lang

Ok thank you , looking into getting webcontrol now.

So I downloaded webcontrol single file and extracted it got the main button and still no operation. Nothing happens for me.

so you start webcontrol and then point a browser at http://localhost:5000 and
nothing happens?

I figured it out, thank you, love Linux, never going back to windows, was in wrong terminal.

1 Like