Linkage kits are now available! 🎉

Logan,
I have recently purchased your linkage kit off etsy. I have an order confirmation but no details on when the items will be shipped to Australia.

My order number is 1254364834

If you can let me know when you think it will ship that would be great.

Kind Regards Stuart

Hey Stuart, I messaged you through Etsy.
-Logan

Thanks for that Logan I will check my email.

Kind Regards Stuart

You can see the Rigid clear ring and it uses 3 screws.

4 Likes

Are these holes I circled in red your linkage mounting points?
Jim-J-sled

If so, they do not appear to be spaced correctly. The two pictures you posted also appear to be different sleds so I don’t know if the scale is identical. In the top image it appears that they are not spaced far enough apart:

This is the same discrepancy I mentioned seeing in the file you uploaded, perhaps I’m missing something or those holes are for something else?
-Logan

@Jim_Jenkins
Also, the router hole spacing issue that I mentioned from the file can be seen in the picture with the router installed, the center of the router is not centered in the large hole.
Re:

Considering specifically the sled you posted pictures of: if the big hole in your sled is centered between the mounting points for the linkages then you will run into problems because the router bit itself actually sits too low and will not be in line with the chains.

Once I get a little more caught up on orders I will try to make an SVG sled template that includes proper locations for linkages and for the Ridgid router… right now life, linkage kits, Christmas, and work all stand in the way of that :slight_smile:
-Logan

3 Likes

One thing I just figured out on my linkage kit is that for me to get the full range of Z axis movement with the R22002 router and Z axis kit, I had to position the Z axis mount base so that the bolt from the bottom right linkage “riser” passes through it. I initially had twisted the Z axis kit out of the way of the riser, but by doing so, I slightly moved the motor bracket closer to the router body. This wasn’t a problem until I tried to bottom of the Z axis. I got some new bits and they were short and I needed to bottom the router out so I could get through the 3/4-inch plywood). As it turns out, the top of the router is a little wider than the cylindrical body and would hit the lip of the motor mount and get caught up. This would cause the router motor to disconnect from the doohickey that rides up and down the screw and not drop any lower. Only by putting the mount back so to it’s in its aligned position would the router drop all the way down. So I ended up cutting the riser a little shorter to account for the thickness of the base and the screws holding it down, placed the bolt through the hole in the base of the motor bracket and slid the riser down on top of it.

4 Likes

If you are looking for a control upgrade for your home laser, These controllers are a good upgrade.

If you still have any metal kits available, send me a pm and I’ll order one from you.

I’d go for a Cohesion3D mini at around $100US first. I’ve got one in the Mooselab, on the to-do list for my K40.

Not knocking LO, have some of their stuff, but those controllers are pretty spendy

You can go fare cheaper, but there is a lot to be said for ease of use. With the LO controler you can actually network your laser as though it where a printer/plotter or take raw dxf or ai files and drop them in via USB. I upgraded my 80watt Chinese laser a few years ago with an LO controller, older model, but really happy with the results.

Smoothieware supports Ethernet, for a bit more of your favorite currency you can get one with a network interface. They have only been available a few years. Check out Laserweb for control software, should work with your DSP.

Those LO and similar CNC “DSP” controllers do look interesting (different from digital signal processing chips) but I’m, well, cheap. Ray from C3D is quick to provide support on G+ too. Don’t mean to sound like a commercial, sorry

I still have metal top link kits available, and as I get close to running out, I
have more cut.

Sounds great, how do I pay?

paypal

send $40 to david at lang.hm
k

Check is in the mail,
Payment sent.

SHIPPING UPDATE

I sent out 36 kits last week and another 20 today! I’ve been officially caught up since before Christmas!! I’m going to be out of town this coming week so I’m trying to get ahead if I can.
All kits with an expected shipping date up to January 3rd have been shipped.
If your estimated shipping date is between January 3rd and 8th there’s a chance I might be a couple days late with it, I apologize. (I will also personally contact each of you, I just know some people don’t check Etsy communications very often so I figured I’d post it here too.)

Right now I still have a few weeks lead time on new orders but I hope soon to be ahead enough that I can ship the day after an order is placed (I am hoping to be to that point by mid to late January).
Thank you for being so patient with me as I get things figured out! I have a good system now and good suppliers and things are running much smoother!

As always if anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me!
-Logan

p.s. There was a batch of about 15 kits that went out about two weeks before Christmas and I have since found that there may be some missing or additional hardware. My niece was at our house when I was kitting hardware bags and she desperately wanted to help, she’s 10 and my 9 year old daughter is a fantastic help so I figured she could handle it… Well to make a long story short, after I sent those 15 kits I had this bad feeling that I should re-check some of the hardware bags that she helped fill. I went through the 50 or so remaining bags and found 8 with missing or extra parts! So if you receive a kit with any missing parts please let me know and I will send you what’s missing right away! I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience if that happened to anyone! Most of the errors were extra parts, so with any luck no one will be left high and dry. I’m extremely confident in the parts count for all other kits, only that small batch was affected.

6 Likes

Logan,
I just received my kit and wanted to know what parts should be in the kit so that I can verify if anything is missing. Is there of BOM of what should be included.

Kind Regards Stuart

I went by what is shown here:

Not sure if this will be enough information as far as BOM. I just went through the assembly and it all made sense.

Thank you

Thanks for that Bee. I looked at the linkage assembly instructions in the Wiki and Can work out what I should have just need to check my kit.

Kind Regards Stuart

1 Like