Losing USB connection

Hi people.
Its a curious problem with it.
2294 / 5000

Resultados de traducción

I have a cheap 3018 cnc from china, with a very popular cheap controller for its transparent casing and included fan.
This consumer electronics is the shame, a clear example of this is when people try to use the limit switches, because it does not work and they have to configure it from the grbl commands and the seller does not know how to solve that simple problem (they not know about their products)
Other similar models bring even bad pin arrangement in silkscreen…

I have this same problem as you, and I have done almost the same tests as you.
Finally i found basically the problem occurs when the z-axys is powered and running, with motor or not. If i disconnect z-axis cable, the problem is reduced to 80 or 90%.
If i try with another motor in z-axis, same problem.
I do not know if it is a voltage problem in some internal part of the board or it could be electrical noise.
In this last suspicion i have tried to separate the cnc controller, keeping it away from its motors, but the problem persists with exactly behavior.
And here I tell you the most curious.
This problem is happening to me on a high-end desktop computer, with an Asus Strix x570-i board, Ryzen 3900x and 64Gb of ram (you cannot say that I deserve the problems for not spending the money)
I have treated the problem from the computer point of view.
I have tested all its usb ports, updated the bios, with windows 10, various Linux distributions, disabling power options in the bios and operating systems. I do not think I have left any occurrence behind unchecked.
Curiously, the problem disappears when connecting it to a usb hub that connects to usb to this same computer. (This has no logic, unless this hub is slowing down or filtering something through some kind of electronics.
And as a final point and even more curious, the cnc works perfectly from a laptop, being the cnc in the same place, same cable, and placing the laptop on top of the computer (in case it had to be affected by any magnetic or electromagnetic radiation)
I don’t usually register on the forums and participate, but this topic is very exciting as well as intriguing.
I invite you to carry out your tests from a different computer, or through a usb hub, or even connect it to type-c
It may surprise you.
Pedro

how are your wires routed? do you have your USB cable running parallel to other
cables? can you separate cables, shorten the USB and have it nohere near other
cables?

losing the USB connection is usually an interference problem.

David Lang

In this case, since it works through a hub but not when plugged directly into one of your two computers I’d suspect that the port has a current problem. Continuing to use the hub is probably the best solution unless it’s a replaceable PCI card.

There’s an 18K member 3018 user group on Faceplant, search for Sainsmart Genmitsu CNC Users Group. Many non Sainsmart users, not limited to just their brand.