M0/M1 Support in Ground Control?

I finally got my Maslow up and running last night! Right now I’m using the temporary sled without the Z-axis installed, manually adjusting my cut depths. I am about to cut the full-sized sled using the machine, but I’m struggling a little bit trying to figure out how to adjust the cut depth. When I tried to use M0 to pause between depths Ground Control just skipped by it. Does ground control have a pause command like M0 or M1 or should I break down each height into its own program and run each one separately?

I do have a Z-axis kit that I could install if this gets too tedious.

GroundControl should pause for a z-axis change if the setting for’ z-axis installed’ is off. The M gcodes are not currently implemented. That said, you’ll soon wish you had the z-axis up and running. I’d say it’s worth it on the temporary sled :smile:.

1 Like

huh, I guess I should’ve tried that before posting. I may just install the Z-axis though, the sled isn’t the simplest of parts to cut.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I remember hearing somewhere that the M codes weren’t implemented. Now I just feel silly for posting a new thread when I could have dug just a bit deeper in the forums.

That’s alright, it’s good feedback to know that you would benefit from having the M codes implemented and I’ll try to get them in there in a release soon

1 Like

No rush on it, I know you’ve got a lot going on right now. I’m sure there are uses for program stops that i’m not thinking of right now, but for what I can think of right now you have already added another method for dealing with it, or simply its not needed. For instance, the Z-height changes, or removing/adjusting parts after they have been cut. I’m sure that, at some point, I’ll find a need for it and then I really will need it but nothing is coming to mind right now.

Most of the M codes don’t really apply to the Maslow, anyways. The only ones that I think could come in handy would be M0, M1, M2, M3, M5, and M30. M3 and M5 would go along the lines of another thread about allowing G-code to turn on the spindle.

I learned to machine on a Haas Mini-mill where you had to spell everything out, and my style of programming will probably reflect that a little bit.

EDIT: Found the other thread, linked it for reference

1 Like