MakerMade M2 Makerverse v1.0.6 Loses Connection During Cuts

your M2 then becomes a classic if you switch controllers and it is no longer experimental, but your point is well taken. Your Makermade community is the one with more of the answers. Most of us here on the forum run the classic system with the mega controllers (I could be wrong on this, but most M2 support questions are on the Makermade facebook site and I don’t frequent that anymore). I happen to have both, but the Due controller isn’t reliable enough in my use of it, so I don’t use it. I’ve worked with a number of folks who have had their Due controller replaced because of intermittent communication issues. I don’t know if it was a run of fabricated boards that were not quite right or if a part gets damaged on them that requires the controller replacement. The shield I have for the Due is a problem.

1 Like

Dutch,

Where are you located? I am not familiar with the current MakerMade product. I have a Due Shield. I’ve never had a problem with it. I also have classic controllers. That said I have dealt with disconnects in many different CNCs. 3D printers,lasers and routers. How long is your USB cable? Is it going through a hub or extension or adapter? Your cutting plastics from what I see. They naturally have a charge and higher potential than woods. I looks like you are screwing the work down. Try adding a ground wire to earth ground on your plastic. PM me if you need help getting a classic controller setup.

Thank you

I am located in Englewood, Colorado south of Denver. This is a stock first generation Makermade M2 CNC Router kit so the USB cable I believe is 10’ long. I have the USB cable going directly from computer to the M2 control board.

My biggest problem is loss of G-code file during cutting session…I am using Windows 10 small tower desktop computer. This is computer is hardwired to my internet router with a long CAT5 internet cable.

Right now I’m cutting prototype parts from regular cheap 1/2" plywood to finalize designs of upcoming new bicycle trailer frames which are time intensive to cut out on this M2 CNC. I also cut 4mm thick sheets of corrugated plastic (I cut qty3 sheets of 4’ x 8’ at a time) for the external structural bulkheads of these bicycle trailer shelters as well and since those are relatively fast to cut out I haven’t had any major troubles.

It’s these long 8-10hr CNC cuts doing these “test” frame parts out of plywood that are giving me big trouble… almost every cutting session I’ve suffered G-code file loss about 1 or 2 hours into the session. Many of these G-code file drops also required me to recalibrate the machine. This has all made my productivity grind to a halt and greatly frustrated me.

Im open to swapping out this first generation M2 Arduino control board for the Makermade Maslow Arduino control board and switching from Makerverse to Webcontrol… I don’t know if Makerverse or the M2 Arduino control board are at fault here, I can’t troubleshoot beyond where I’ve ended up since I don’t have a Maslow classic Arduino control board to swap in…but I’m open to doing this as nothing else has resolved this G-code file drop problem

Dutch,

PM me please.

hello there !
(i am french and i use my M2 for about 2 years now.)
i have one similar problem about the login: i tried to add the line in the .makerverse file but it is not usefull: guest mode is not visible on login popup… (i use makerverse 1.1.3)

i am really worried about use an internet site to authenticate my woodwork machine: when “openworkshop” will be offline I would be broke…

but for the disconnection problem i never had this on my setup: i use a raspberry pi linked with the DUE and all work… even if i use it 10 hours: maybe you can try this without changing the control board ?

Maybe the problem is with windows etc…

So for my problem: do you think it is a good idea to install the 1.1.5 version to activate the guest login? does it have bugs ?
thanks

Is the problem happening with Windows or RPI?

Windows has a USB suspend feature, need to turn that off (should be in advanced power settings). Ensure all sleep, suspend, screen savers are off. Also keep the USB away from any power cord.

The issue is with logging into makerverse, not with the USB connection, right?

I don’t have much experience with makerverse, but if the internet site were ever to go offline, I am 100% sure that the community would create a solution so that your machine would not be broken.

You can mod the .makerverse file so you never have to log in.

i made this : but with version 1.1.3 it has no effect as decribed before (on another post).
if youhave a clue for me…
makerverse.txt (58.0 KB)

i put the line here:
{
“state”: {
“insecureDangerousGuestAccess”: true,
“checkForUpdates”: true,
“prereleases”: false,
“controller”: {
“exception”: {
“ignoreErrors”: false
}
}
},

1 Like

It may only be an option for 1.1.5 beta release

Do you think the 1.1.5 is a usable version ?

the only thing "not classic " i use is the scripts for start/stop router wired on a relay on GPIO

if 1.1.5 is a good version tell me: i will try it

thanks

I have used it and I liked it best for that system.