Maslow suddenly dropped

I was cutting a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood, and on the fourth pass, it seems like Maslow just dropped about 1/2 inch down and left.

When I set it up the cut, I measured the exact center of the plywood and I drew an x there and I defined that spot as home for Maslow. When I stopped the routine, I hit the stop button and then the home button and it was off about half an inch down and left. Almost like it skipped a link on the right sprocket.

Any ideas?

it sounds as if your chains jumped on the sprocket.

are your chains parallel to the workpiece (as you look at the machine from the
side)?

did you mark the links that were at the 12 o’clock position when you finished
calibration (before you moved to home)?

David Lang

1 Like

When that happened to me it was because one of the chains had jumped a tooth on the sprocket. In my case, one motor mount had slipped so that the sprocket face was no longer parallel with the work surface. Not enough screws holding the bracket in place.

Another cause could be that the chains are not parallel to the work surface. Either the chain attachments on the sled or the top beam would need to move to get the chains parallel.

Once the cause has been addressed, the chains will need to be recalibrated. Not the full cal., just the part setting the sprockets to 12 o’clock and feeding the chains out.

1 Like

I figured it was something like that. I tried to recalibrate and skip everything except the right chain length, but then I kept getting an error, so i said screw it I will deal with it tomorrow.

I think that maybe the excess chain got caught in the sprocket or mixed up with the chain. I think I need to tighten up that tension.

Thanks

1 Like

this time mark the link that’s at 12 o’clock after they are fed out, that way
you can just move that link there after setting the sprockets the next time
something happens (and it will)

David Lang

1 Like