Maybe excessive slack on calibration?

Slack on calibration

The spools look to have excess slack while calibrating. Maybe this is causing some belts to get caught and mangled?

1 Like

That looks similar to what I’ve seen and is what caused one of my belts to get eaten. It’s also an issue expressed in a few other ongoing threads. Bar is trying to improve the calibration process and reduce the amount of slack the arms let out.

What size grid are you trying during calibration? A smaller grid seems to be less of an issue.

1 Like

I set it up for a 8x12 machine and 4x8 calibration area. I don’t have actual plywood sheets just yet but it seems to not account for the size of the base plate. I’ll run my next one at 3x6’ and see how it nets out.

1 Like

This is 100% what causes the belts to get caught. You can keep an eye on it by giving the belt a little tug every now and then to keep it from building up too much.

I also just released the alpha version of the new system which should help reduce that issue for testing :grinning:

I can test it tomorrow…my shop is closed for the night. (meaning the dirt bikes got pulled back in and there’s no more floor space :smile: )

1 Like