New setup - motors don't pass tests

There’s been a fair amount of change since the v1.26 release in the source code (but the version number hasn’t been ticked up yet)… something in it could be causing one of your problems… I’d stick with the v1.26 release to eliminate as many variables in your troubleshooting.

When I see pass/fail issues, it’s most likely an issue with the encoders (if the motors turns, but it reports a fail, it means the system didn’t read enough encoder steps for how long the motor turned). I suspect a bad connection somewhere… maybe reseating the cables (yet again I’m sure) and making sure the cables aren’t run near AC power cords.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips, I’ll check the cables tomorrow and will post the findings here.

1 Like

I tested all three cable they look ok to me, however, I ran multiple Motor / Encode test and I get these results:

The motors I have are from @Maslow_Surplus_Parts and have this info on them:

ETONM MOTOR
ET-WGM58A-E
DC12V 201709019

Touch wood - but perhaps I have it all sorted.
I went into advanced settings and pressed “Wipe EEPROM” and after that all three motors pass the test.

4 Likes

Knock on wood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

FWW - Everyone of the shields I made were tested with the same motors before shipping. Mine are the original Maslow motors with the plastic gears.

Thank you

2 Likes

Good to know, I plan on plugging in the shield I received a couple of weeks ago this weekend. A couple of birds moved into the shed I stored the Maslow in and need to be persuaded to move out :grin: