Pinball Machine

Thanks for posting this. I’m restoring a Jackpot Pinball, the old cabinet still smells of basement mold, beer, mouse droppings, and other dubious substances so this looks like a good alternative.

Glad it’s still helpful! I actually dusted this off recently and am finally making progress.

2 Likes

Wow, now I want one of those too.
Help me out, buddy, help me out. For my CO2 Laser cutting machine ( Wattsan 1290) your layout will work? Will I have enough parameters of the machine?

The idea is that I just need to saw the walls to the right size and put together a table for pinball? Right?

To be honest, I’ve never used a laser cutting machine. The stuff I posted should be verified by the user before cutting as I haven’t actually compared it to a real cabinet, just to the stuff I saw online. Who knows if their dimensions are accurate. :slight_smile:

Good luck with your project! I hope it goes well.

I get it. Too bad. But the work is very cool! Keep up the good work!

Really appreciate you posting the CNC files for your design. They are difficult to find online otherwise. How is your build going?
I will be starting my build later in the year and would like to use your CNC files for my build. Did you run into many major issues with the design now you have put it together? Have you done any further revisions to your CAD design?

I have some tweaks and stuff I’d make. I’d probably cut the smaller stuff on a table saw and stuff. But it worked okay. I’d probably start over and make new cad files if I were to build another one.

Check out these videos. I ranted about my issues when I assembled it.

Or rather this playlist. I need to buy some stuff before I can make much more progress.

Great post!

I am new to this,

The file you shared, is it a Williams wide body cab?

I am trying to find cnc files for that. Mainly because I plan on using williams wide body parts on it so the measurements have to be the same.

Thanks and keep up the great work and video content!

See this video or the playlist posted above:

It’s been a while, but I believe this is a standard body, unfortunately. Though you’d just have to change a few things.

However, next time I make one, I plan to start over and redraw everything in CAD. The files are fine-ish, but there are some tweaks that I’d make for ease of assembly and such. It’s a pretty simple thing, I wouldn’t think it’d take too long to recreate, even for someone new to CAD. It’s just flat wood with holes. :slight_smile:

I’ll post the updated files whenever I get around to making a new one.

However, given the price of wood and all that nonsense, you might be better off buying this and skipping the fabbing step. WPC-style Widebody Virtual Pinball Cabinet - Unfinished Build Your Own Pinball Cabinet [] - $739.95 : VirtuaPin, The Virtual Pinball Cabinet

If you look back on my channel, I did this for my virtual pin cab.

Thanks for the reply!

I am in Toronto, Canada. Between currency exchange and shipping. It’s expensive even in a flat pack not assembled.

Hence why I am looking for the cnc plans so I can pay a cnc cutter to do the cutting for me.

I posted on a local Facebook group and Williams widebody cabs are never around. I also got a bunch of private messages as well.

Saw a few of your videos! Great content!

NP.

All the info you’d need to change my plans or build your own from scratch are here. He goes through both standard and wide body. It’s for a virtual cab, but he’s replicating a WPC style cab because the parts are widely available.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php

Thanks for your responses! I’m going to hunt for a Williams wide body cabinet or the cnc plans for one.

Seems like a lot of people are interested in this based on the replies and private messages I have gotten.