Video Tutorials on Maslow CNC

Starting up a topic where we can post video tutorials on the Maslow CNC!

7 Likes

Here is one of my videos on the unboxing of the Maslow CNC:

14 Likes

Here’s another video on the first steps to putting together your Maslow CNC!

15 Likes

@George_Lehaf

Welcome to our group. Great work! Keep it up.

Thank you

2 Likes

Great idea! #filler for 20 characters#

1 Like

@George_Lehaf those are both Excellent videos! You do such a good job of explaining things clearly and do it in just one take. Everything you said was spot on. I’m absolutely subscribed for the rest of the series :grin: Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

4 Likes

Thanks - Great to hear! Hoping to post building the frame by next week!

5 Likes

Hey guys! Just posted a tutorial on how to build the temporary frame for the Maslow! Check it out:

13 Likes

Keep up the great work!

Thank you

1 Like

That video was fantastic! I really enjoyed watching it. I feel like I should be over it by now, but every time I see a machine in someone else’s garage it still blows my mind :grinning:

3 Likes

Heres another one!! Video on how to build the temp sled for the Maslow!

6 Likes

Wonderful job on your videos! This one was slightly uncomfortable to watch since there is a huge discussion going on about changing just about everything you’re showing in the videos (new frame, no temporary setup, different calibration, different hardware, etc.). I guess it might be good to document and show how it used to be. Hopefully you knew this. If not, now you do and I’d love to see videos of the whole new setup (although I don’t blame you if you don’t want to build a whole new frame). Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Haha yeah, I know the changes are coming but I really wanted to get mine up and running so I figured I would do some videos on the originals and then can show the changes in the new one. I’m happy to hear that the temporary frame step will be avoided because going through this I realized how much time/money I could have saved by just cutting out the final frame with hand tools. Either way it’s been a fun process and can’t wait to start creating with the maslow

3 Likes

These videos are all fantastic!

No worries if you are not interested, but I would be more than happy to send you all of the updated parts as soon as we lock down a new design if you were interested in making a video about the updated version. I think it will be substantially easier to make with most of the cuts made on your chop saw :grinning:

1 Like

Also, would it be OK if I link to your videos in the newsletter on Wednesday? I think there are a fair few other people putting their machines together right now who would love to follow along.

2 Likes

Bar,

I am definitely up for this! Just let me know when I can get started. I think I’ll still post my final video on this original design , since I’m excited to get this thing up and running. Could be useful as a comparison for others .

1 Like

And definitely OK with me for you to share these videos !

1 Like

I shipped him a top mount kit this morning.

1 Like

include a warning that he is building the old design, and it has known
weaknesses. We may have the new assebembly instructions complete by this
wednesday (text is complete, but diagrams need work)

2 Likes

If the new instructions are available this Wednesday, then I can just shift the videos to the new design (I thought it was coming out later than that). If it is the new recommended way I’ll move forward with that, but open to suggestions