Portable EMT/Printed/Wood/MakerPipe frame ideas

Lol. I do like how flat home depot’s car lot is.

1 Like

Buy a used van that was used by a window glass replacement company and that has a frame on the side that was used to hold big sheets of glass. Build a Maslow frame that fits in place and you can make stuff without any added setup. Run an inverter off the van’s engine and you can route stuff while camping or during your daily commute. Best part of doing it during your commute is, no dust collection needed. Keep an eye on it in the mirror in case it catches fire on the freeway.

5 Likes

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2172805113?t=04h48m00s is one example of one of the many chats I had with visitors about Maslow CNC. I went into more details about the background, material construction, assembly options, software, example usage scenarios and possibilities with folks depending on their curiosity, background and interests.

Used the truck as an eyecatcher to help entice some folks to stop by chat and learn about Maslow CNC, and other stuff I do.

4 Likes

That was a brilliant pitch, very well articulated! It’s great to see Colin Furz and Stephen Hawes with the machine, who are the two in the middle picture? I don’t recognize them?

1 Like

Jeff Geerling and his dad. Great to see him!

2 Likes

Thank you @bar! Unfortunately, in that particular chat I forgot a few things that I would often mention…

• Everything’s open source, can download .stl and self source/print, but can buy kit if you want. Shared info about the great community’s support/mods. Shared that Maslow’s mission it to make CNC fabrication more accessible, by reducing the cost of CNCs, and, reducing the complexity of assembling, setting up, and running CNCs.

Got to chat with James Bruton and many many other visitors/content-creators about Maslow, V1E, the cybertruck, and sometimes, I even got to chat about my projects too, lol

2 Likes

Maslow made it (very briefly) in Jeff Geerling’s latest video too : https://youtu.be/n5d0hzgA9BI?t=1242
Opensauce looks like it was a ton of fun!

3 Likes