Post Processor for Alphacam

I use Alphacam on a regular basis for CNC programming (stone cutting).
Gonna buy a kit and wondering can I use for the Maslow. Can the Maslow follow the Gcode generated for my current machines? What file type does the Maslow read? .mpf is the extention of the files created for my shop.

Thx in advance

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, can you draw a simple 10x10 square and upload the .mpf?
Check if you have postprocessors for grbl or Linux cnc.

Edit: Reading again, it seems you are asking if Alphacam would run the Maslow. If so the answer is -> No. MaslowCNC currently runs only with GroundControl (grbl programs hopefully soon)
If you are using it for design only and can export gcode, it depends what post processors Alphacam has to offer and if you can add others.

Edit2: Relevant information post processors in Alphacam are VBA macros, which can only be created and edited with the Advanced level or higher

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and the response.

I know Alpha wont run the Maslow. Most all CNC’s have their own control hardware and software.
I use Alpha for not only drawing + import and modify from laser templates. I also apply tools, tool paths and run simulations to be sure of no bad paths, collisions etc.

Not a Gcode guru by any stretch, thats why I asked. I will draw the box u asked for and post it. Not sure what the Maslow is looking for and if I can have Alpha generate it. Might need a custom post processor or a way to Edit/convert to something the Maslow can work with.

Everything for the Mas is simple single tool muti-pass. Cant b too difficult to generate. Worst case ill just draw it up and use one of the online Gcode generators or something open source.

Thx Again

2 Likes

Not a Gcode guru by any stretch, thats why I asked. I will draw the box u
asked for and post it. Not sure what the Maslow is looking for and if I can
have Alpha generate it. Might need a custom post processor or a way to
Edit/convert to something the Maslow can work with.

we try hard to be grbl compatible

Everything for the Mas is simple single tool muti-pass.

we do support tool changes, so it doesn’t have to be that simple :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of town till 22nd in Ireland
Will get back to it when I return
thx again

1 Like

has there been any development with the alphacam post processor because i am in the exact position he is in.