Puede alguien ayudarme,

Hello, can someone tell me how can i place the piece of cut where i want, along the playwood?, I whatched it in the forum. but i don´t found now.
Thank you

Click and hold the mouse on the place you want. After few seconds a menu will show with ‘set home’

2 Likes

Ok, and the machine don´t will miss the reference center that have now? may i place the piece in a exact point of board, in a milimeter exact?

You can restore the original reference center by using Actions/ReturnToCenter and when the sled gets there, click the ‘Define Home’ on the screen.

You can edit the coordinates of the point in Settings/AdvancedSettings - look for HomePositionXcoordinate and HomePositionYcoordinate. Because of a couple of quirks in Kivy, you need to quit GroundControl and start it again for these changes to show, and if there is a gcode file that uses inches selected when GC opens, the values are interpreted as inches instead of mm. That’s probably a bug…

1 Like

You can change the distance to move by mm. Click on the number and change the number to the mm you want and use the arrows to position your sled. Then click “Define home”

2 Likes

Hello, how is it going? at last I´ve can design my own sign, here´s my daughter name, I´m happy to make this but I see that the lines aren´t stright. when they would must be lines there are some peaks, how may I improve this? maybe I should add some weight, my router is already heavy. What do you think the problem is?

2 Likes

What type of bit do you use and what speed?

1 Like

The bit is a new bit in form cone, the speed is given default by makercam, I think remember 1500, or somethink like that. Do you think i must to low the speed? The cut is very shallow, 3mm

Did you try a spiral bit 3mm for example? I’ve nice results with them.

the machine work well, I’ve test to cut the chair that show in community garden, after some issues, I was able to do it. the problem is that I choosed a 15mm thick of board, so the chair is some unsteady

6 Likes

hello all, I’ve checked that the machine work well, now my objective is design what I want, I’ve tried with Autocad, converting the DXT in SVG with the progam Convertio, after of processing with Makercam, the Gcode was wrong, the measures isn’t the same that I put in Autocad, I’ve check if it was in milimetres or inches, more than one time, but it don’t work.
I’m going to try with Freecad, I already see that is a few complicated, but I’ll learn like I’m trying with the idiom, my english is still poor, but I’ll follow learning.
thanks.

3 Likes

Alguien le ha pasado que los archivos de autocad no conservan la medida cuando se pasan a makercam despues de convertirlo en SVG con Convertio?