Re-calibration for software updates

I updated the software and firmware from 1.03 to 1.06 and then went through a complete calibration sequence which meant disconnecting the sled and reattaching it. As usual the measurements were the same, but the new rotational radius was smaller then the one in 1.03 and the sled was not centered. Don’t know why, but think I will go back to version 1.03 and see if the rotational radius is the same.
Big question? Is it necessary to go through a complete cal each time after an update?
I

3 Likes

As usual I know enough to be dangerous. There are others that can better address this then me. In a perfect world the answer would be no. My opinion is it depends on the update. If there are significant changes to what we are doing you should. We are usually making significant changes.

Thank you

@bee is pretty much right, in theory you don’t need to every time, in practice
it’s a good idea, we are hot-and-heavy in changes in this area right now.

You almost never NEED to do a re-calibration, but since we’re still refining the process every week you should see more accurate results when you do.

2 Likes

Well said.

Thank you

Thanks. I will continue to re-cal when I think something has changed in the system.

2 Likes