Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden Newsletter

Router Recommendation (Australia)

AEG is finally supplying the AEG MF1400KE router through Bunnings.

Welcome to our forum
Nice one

@Dooz have you used the AEG? STILL $400 though, I wonder how it compares to the triton that @Firewuff is using? Any ideas?

Not sure sorry, I still haven’t set my Maslow up. However I like the 6 year warranty on the AEG.

At that sort of price, a c-beam/meticulus Z + a chinese spindle sounds like it
would be a clear win.

David Lang

1 Like

Hi all - not sure wheter this is the correct Topic for my 5 cents …
to use almmost any router - would the attached links “CNC z axis slide table” resove most issues regarding lifting the router / bit with this kind of attachment from bangggod - they have a few different sizes…
cheers Holger

That’s the right idea, but you would need to replace the stepper motor that is
included with that with a DC motor/encoder. Unfortunantly the firmware is not
able to drive a stepper motor (and the motor shields are not designed to drive
them either)

David Lang

thank you David
…just started a few days ago showing my wife what i would like for my birthday…a Maslow Router Kit !
…and come across the australien forum regarding suitable routers…
…back to the forum/drawing board
cheers

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum!

If you go the route of having a better Z-control, you might also consider a spindle.
They have a few other advantages, other then the price.

Kind regards, Gero

3 Likes

Who’s rig is that pictured @Gero?

Thank you

My third temporary sled :joy:

2 Likes

500 Watt Spindle?

Thank you

1 Like

Yup, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/0-5kw-Air-cooled-spindle-ER11-chuck-CNC-500W-Spindle-Motor-52mm-clamps-Power-Supply/32701544281.html

150mm c-beam https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Openbuilds-C-Beam-Linear-Actuator-Kit-length-150mm-Z-axis-of-engraving-machine/32887175237.html

2 Likes

What is the use of second product? Is it a plate to fit this motor??
After all these things, can we joint on router table top?

Welcome to the Forum @Brown40,

If you are referring to my links, the second part is to move the spindle up and down on the Z-axis of the MaslowCNC. And no, the spindle clamp from the first link did not fit the plate on the c-beam. I had to modify it to make it work.

In theory it could work mounted under a router table, but there are better builds for this target. Also for a router table i would choose a router, rather than a spindle.

Kind regards, Gero

1 Like