Scribit - wall drawing machine

I thought the community might find this interesting.

2 Likes

Woah!!! I love it.

How does it work? It looks like they are using four cables to attach it, right? Nope just two :grinning:

These look like DC motors with encoders, right?

1 Like

aah, i was gonna try that, just take off the top beam of the maslow, attach it to the wall, put a sharpie in it and draw some kid stuff in the kids room.
If there is no router attached i assume the maslow could work near vertical?

2 Likes

Just make sure your upper mounting points are as flush to the wall as you can get them and mount the wires to the sled a bit from the wall and it should be enough to keep it “on the wall”.

I suppose the interesting thing I find about this particular project is that is has multiple colors, which implies that there is some sort of 'tool head changer software".

2 Likes

or you just do black first, change the color, load the drawing for red, and do red.

1 Like

I wonder how they keep it from smearing the marker? If you tried this with the Maslow I would think that you would have to be very careful with what you used for a base.

1 Like

So despite not having even built the frame yet this is a future project i want to do. A large format pen plotter using Maslow. For the base teflon would avoid smears as would slow feed rates and appropriate pens etc. should be a relatively easy conversion using the z axis

3 Likes

Giggle polarbot and/or drawbot, they’ve been around for quite a while. For a while you could buy
a trainer kit to build one.

This one looks nice (with markers and erasers seems to be aimed at whiteboards) and reasonably priced it 250ish USD, but it’s Kickstarterware, TFA is a teaser for their impending campaign. Not to knock KS, lots of us got our Maslow that way :), but it’s high risk and slow delivery