SD Card Error when trying to upload G Code File

Tried uploading a g-code file to try out my first test cut and it gave me a SD Card error. See below code from the message log.

MSG:ERR: sdmmc_card_init failed code 0x0x102]

Power everything off and then back on again do you still see the same issue?

how large a file? @bar, how much space is available?

David Lang

I don’t think that it’s a space issue, I’ve gotten that error message a couple times, but I’ve always gotten it to go away with a restart. The SD card protocol is super picky about the initial values of all the pins on startup and I think there are some ways to make it confused…not sure exactly what they are.

I’m seeing this issue after the calibration I ran after updating both yaml and html files as well as firmware for 0.70.

Calibration ran fine, jogs fine, seems fine.

Even with 10 or so successive restarts of the board, including both via the Restart FluidNC button and via power cycling with a short wait for capacitors to drain, I was not able to get a load of the interface where that error wasn’t in the first few lines of the console. I attempted to load a file each time anyway and this also failed, as expected.

This sounds like it could be an issue with the .yaml file. That file tells the machine which pins the SD card is connected to

Reading through the forums a bit more it seems like that error message is more common on 0.7+ for some reason. I will look into it and see what I can figure out.

1 Like