Show Your Weights!

I was hoping to see a ring like yours!
How are your weights attached? Very nice :ok_hand:.

I drilled holes in the weights and screwed them to the sled.

1 Like

Did you notice the patina on my shim plates? :grin:

1 Like

Yep I did. Very Nice!

1 Like

Does anyone know the best way to buy UHMWPE? I think it would be awesome for a sled.

For a whole sled or a layer attached to the bottom?
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=132182

1 Like

That seems awesome, however, I don’t know how I would go about applying that.

Countersunk screws?

1 Like

I was just thinking about how touchy that would be. The countersinks would have to extend into the other material. Anything thicker gets really expensive really fast! :moneybag:

Yeah, small screws and it should be doable. I think anyway bwahahaha

1 Like

@Mike_Thomas , would yours be ok without the clear material over the windows?
@Superbender , do you have any updates on your YAZAM progress? I’m applying a z axis like that soon and I’m hoping to see how it goes for you.
@Gero , do you have plans for the linkage? Not sure it works with YAZAM but they look nice. Do you believe that they are better than rings?

see

for a discussion as to why linkage kits may be better than the ring.

We have not had a recent comparison of the ring and the two linkage kits.

Gero has images of both the metal ‘top mount kit’ and the wood ‘45 kit’

David Lang

1 Like

@TheMerryYeoman: My progress slowed down significantly due to work. I have the parts all assembled. Everything looks great including the shroud for the linkage kit. Z-axis is moving in and out smoothly. I am still in need of designing and printing a dust collector tube that runs out and then bends down. It’s all measured but not designed and printed yet. Not so tricky, but I need to find the time. Could be a while since everything is so busy. I will post it once I get to that point.
Tschöhö
Superbender

2 Likes

Epoxy or linoleum glue should work

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, @Superbender . It’s looking great!
Welcome, @Corky ! Thanks for the tip!

My Maslow lives in a Theatre Scene Shop and makes set pieces for the stage.
I used a Stage Weight for mine. They are used in the counterweight rigging system in theatres that allow us to fly scenery in and out.

8 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic! I love it :slightly_smiling_face:.

I love this thread showing lots of examples of a single component. I couldn’t find any good plates so I ended up printing some holders for lead ingots.

Eventually I’d like to try melting those down and sand casting them to fit perfectly in the corners of the sled.

3 Likes

Are those 3d printed gears for the z axis? That is a clean sled design.

Wow, some impressive sled designs here!

I just built a Maker Made Maslow kit. No fancy mods yet. But, I think its the only Maslow in Panamá!

Bricks are uncommon here, so I molded my own out of a cement and sand mix. No aggregate so the surface is smooth (except for some air pockets!).

2 Likes