Show Your Weights!

1 Like

Very interesting weights.
What material are those?
And did you experience any issues with your center of gravity moving upwards?

1 Like

The material is salid surface, like Corina. The center of gravity no problem but yo can modified it by up the material. Also you can have the opportunity of calibrate the weight.

Luis A. Miranda
939-642-3950 | lamvpr@gmail.com

2 Likes

Beautiful! That looks like a 45 lb. pig iron, I love to see some stage weights getting used in creative ways! I too use my Maslow in a scene shop. Any issues with increasing the weight by so much over the recommended two-masonry-brick amount?

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Dumb question. If I’m going to replace bricks, what is the recommended weight?

total sled weight should be 22 to 27 lbs depending on your frame setup. if you only plan to cut the center 4x4 area than a heavier sled with a taller motor beam height will give you much better results. maslow struggles in the far bottom corners of a 4x8’

good question about that seriously heavy weight. 45 lbs of weight is not recommended it will over stress the motors in top center (unless you have a seriously tall top motor beam which doesn’t seem to be the case in the photo)

My ring is warped now; something else to consider when pushing weight of the sled. The mounts have bent and my 3d printed alignment rig tells me that it is no longer a perfect circle.

Wondering if you would share where you got the cnc file or design to make the weights for your sled, love the look and fuction of your setup