Sled not centering

setting up and working in the calibration program when I get to the part where you can center the sled on the work area is does not center, way off. where am i going wrong in the set up?

1 Like

Do a sanity check of this 4 settings in GC and compare to what you measure by hand.
Depending on the chain mount system (ring?) check also the rotation radius in the settings to see if it is near what you expect it to be.

2 Likes

I have rechecked the settings 4 times. they are set to what they should be. anything else to check?

2 Likes

Is this the first time the Maslow is calibrated?

1 Like

yes just started.

2 Likes

Is your frame with the ‘stock dimensions’ or did you modify, for example a higher and wider top beam?
Are you running Firmware and GroundControl 1.18?
The only thing I can think of is that the chain length fed out before you attach the sled is off.
Can you confirm that it is about 1650mm on each side?
Is ‘top-feed’ vs ‘bottom-feed’ clear and set correctly?
Can you upload the Groundcontrol.ini?

1 Like

FYI I did the calibration the first time and it did not center so i tried 3 more times and no joy.

2 Likes

I assume you are using a ring kit… correct? If so…
2) Did you select triangular and not quadrilateral?
2) What guess did you put in for the distance between the motors and the height of the workpiece
3) What distance between motors did Maslow compute?
4) What rotational radius estimate did you use?

Check to make sure the values you entered were appropriate for the unit settings. A couple of times I entered distances in inches but it was set for mm.

2 Likes

Also, can you define “way off”? To some, way off is the sled is lying on the floor. To others, way off is an inch or so…

2 Likes

running 1.18
bottom feed
distance between motors is 3022.8mm
top work area to center motor is 566.7

1 Like

triangles
motor distance 3022.8 mm Maslow computed
rotation radius 140.00 mm
10" both directions.

Meaning when you press “Move to Center” it moves to about 10 inches horizontal and vertically away from the center?

yes 10" to the right and 10" up.

That is strange and new. So after centring, 1 chain is shorter then the other?

I don’t know about the chains being different. Just not centering.

does not match with the 352.425

can you do a quick measure from the top sprocket to where they go on the ring mount?

that is 1647.8

so both sides the same?

1 Like

sorry,left is 1647.8 right is 1698.6

1 Like