Teardrop Trailer build

In the spirit of the shelter project, has anyone built or tried to build a self contained teardrop style trailer using the maslow? Mine arrives soon, I hope. Anyone seen any cnc plans that could be modified. The maslow seems tailor made for this project.

1 Like

My email forwarder doesn’t play well with the forum, no email reply badge for me.

If you consult the great Googlian Oracle (no, not the yacht guy’s database company, the “do no evil” one) with “teardrop trailer dxf” they will offer a host of suggestions. Seems to be a popular option.

Looks like a fun project

Thanks, I’ll have a look there.

Let us know how it works out

check out CLCBoats.com they have a teardrop build from kit or plans, along with a pile of cool boats and kayaks. Most all designs are stitch and glue, plywood + epoxy + fiberglass.

2 Likes

You could try the ones here as a start: http://teardropbuilder.com/wyoming-woody-teardrop-cnc-files

Impressive showroom. I knew there was a reason our daughter’s trying to get us to move to Maryland

the Eastern Shore is “the UP of Maryland” =) (replying only as the link hit ‘popular link’ apologies @mooselakefor not seeing this earlier.)

1 Like

Bet we get more snow :grinning:

I just posted the teardrop camper SVG files on my webpage here:

I’ll add DXF versions later this week.

Tony

3 Likes

I love all the links in this thread. This is a project I’ve wanted to do for awhile.

My goal is to build a teardrop toy hauler similar to this:

I want to design a trailer in OpenSCAD so I can really get into the details and tweak sizes to fit specific cargo. I’ve started on a design but the math to get a nice, clean curve that’s fully parametric has been rough.

Start of the assembly:
Screenshot_2020-09-13_06-50-09

Drawing a better outside profile:

3 Likes

Wow! This is an amazing site and the teardrop Trailer is super beautiful!

1 Like