Yep, this is very similar to the first post on this thread. I tried your version of the configuration as well – when the sled is in the bottom right corner for instance, the orange cable has to stretch further than the chain has let out, meaning you get a bit more force on the orange cable than what you gain with the red cable’s retraction. If the force from the orange cable was co-linear to the opposing chain, you’d be good to go, but the orange cable ends up lifting the sled upwards and to the right because of the position of the opposing chain in the corner, so it makes the system less stable.
This is what that looks like:
After my best efforts of tuning it was only applying 1.6lbs (max) to the sled while the opposing chain was applying 4.3lbs (in the wrong direction).
I’m not saying I did everything right, or that you shouldn’t challenge what I found, just that my data pointed to issues with this particular approach.
For comparison, the original approach (First Post), [when in the bottom right corner] applied 5.1 lbs in the wrong direction, and 6.6lbs (Max) in the correct direction. The one pound of force in the correct direction was not worth all of the unpredictability it introduced into other aspects of the system.
In motion however, the force applied in the correct direction could dip as low as 4.7 lbs.
Thanks for reading, hopefully that all helps further the discussion.