Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Throwing my hat in the sled modification ring

Of course, you could buy some extra motors, controllers, and chains and build this sled.

Ditto on what David and John said; but if you’d like to see some (semi-hypothetical) reasoning as to why the ring might be less accurate you can read this post: Throwing my hat in the sled modification ring (warning, this too, is my opinion!)

Someday we may have a scientific answer…

I don’t think there are currently any rings available but I might be wrong, if you need a solution right now I am still making and shipping linkage kits though!

-Logan

Yesterday i was playing with the nuts of, the 8 points of rotation watching hoe the braces respond when i just try to rotate the sled… I rotate it just a little and i saw one of the braces move a little, but the ogher not…so, i apply less torque on the nuts, but there are 4…wich is too tight?..after tight and free the nuts to see what happen i end with a state where it look tight in lateral movements, but free enought in the rotation case… its a little triky job…but i hope can help … i will see tomorrow

Are you talking about a kit I made? If so the tightness of the nuts that attach to the sled or the barrel bolts that make the joints should not ever bind the joints, even if they are extremely tight… They are designed so that they can be tightened without affecting the friction of the pivot. The four points that attach to the sled have nylon bushings that are bolted tight to the sled, the linkage pivots on the nylon bushings. For the other pivot points the barrel bolts are about 1-2mm longer than the linkage so they can be tightened tight and linkage pivots on the steel shank of the barrel bolt.

If this is a linkage you made yourself then I don’t think I can be of much help because I don’t know how you made it…

No i dont, i am talkkng about the one i made

Ahhh, got it.
In that case it sounds like loosening bolts until it all works smoothly might be a good idea…

Good luck!

If you find that you have to loosen the nuts so much that they’re in danger of spinning off the screw, replace them with nylock locking nuts. They will stay in whatever location you put them regardless of whether they’re tight to the surface or not.