Trackpad Problem

Hi im using Linux, i suspect i had a problem with MTDMotionEvent, when i open Ground Control, in my laptop the area move as i move my finger (without select)

I can see this error after the area stopped moving:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py”, line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File “/home/ortiz/.virtualenvs/maslow/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/input/providers/mtdev.py”, line 324, in _thread_run
process([l_points[x] for x in _changes])
File “/home/ortiz/.virtualenvs/maslow/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/input/providers/mtdev.py”, line 198, in process
touch = MTDMotionEvent(device, tid, args)
File “/home/ortiz/.virtualenvs/maslow/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/input/motionevent.py”, line 287, in init
self.depack(args)
File “/home/ortiz/.virtualenvs/maslow/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/input/providers/mtdev.py”, line 50, in depack
self.sx = args[‘x’]
KeyError: ‘x’

Do you see any bad behavior withing Ground Control or just the error messages?

Was working fine, but after 1 cut, i can connect to the maslow port, but in my other linux computer debian too, work fine.

In my laptop with linux, the weird thing is, area seems always select, when i move the trackpad the area moves, and the buttons are ramdomly clicked

pip freeze:

appdirs==1.4.3
Cython==0.25.2
docutils==0.15.2
Kivy==1.9.1
Kivy-Garden==0.1.4
packaging==16.8
Pillow==5.2.0
pkg-resources==0.0.0
pygame==1.9.3
Pygments==2.4.2
pyparsing==2.2.0
pyserial==3.3
requests==2.13.0
six==1.10.0

It’s working now, was Kivy problem with my trackpad

In file $HOME/kivy/config.ini

Removed %(name)s = probesysfs in
[input]
mouse = mouse
%(name)s = probesysfs

The ramdom clicks prevent maslow from connecting

2 Likes

Fantastic! I’m glad to hear you found a solution because I was pretty stumped :grin:

I’m also having almost same problem. Please tell me which is the best solution ?