Trouble with install, not sure if it's Arduino or Maslow problem

Sorry, that was a typo,the connection is to Com Port 3. Also, I have always made sure that Arduino IDE is closed when running GC. Any other suggestions would be helpful as I’m struggling as to what else to try. thanks for responding, really appreciate it as I can’t seem to find any current help forum.

connecting/disconnecting indicates that either you are on the wrong port, or the
firmware hasn’t been flashed to the arduino.

I would suggest that you try to use WebControl instead of GroundControl, work
has pretty much stopped on GC and WC will flash the arduino for you so you never
need to use the arduino IDE (it also gives you the option of using holey
calibration, which is looking like it’s better than the default)

David Lang

1 Like

Sounds good and I’ll give it a try in the morning (it’s 2305 here in Scotland). I’ll try WebControl and let you know how it goes. (I’m no techie - I bought this router just to cut some wood!).

Cheers

Miles

David - I’ve tried to use WebControl; I’ve loaded svg data (something I produced on Estlcam). I see the “router path” on the WebControl display but I’m getting the message, “Alarm connection faiked or invalid firmware”.

Even with my wife’s help (she’s normally one of those people who can make things work) I’m getting nowhere - I’ve had the Maslow for about three weeks and am thinking of sending it back to MakerMade (which I do not want to do).

How to get out of this hole? Any suggestions?

Would it help if I bought a rPi? And if I did, how would I configure the whole setup?

Thanks

load up the Arduino IDE, select the comport for the arduino and then go to Serial Monitor. You may have to change the connection speed (I think its 57600) and see if you get data streaming out.

in WebControl flash the firmware to the Arduino.

David Lang

I agree with everyone that this is most likely an issue with the firmware not being installed properly. Did the firmware installation process go smoothly?