Trying to calibrate and the motors seem to move in the wrong direction with V1.18

Just got under power and the firmware updated last night. I then changed some on the settings on the “Settings” tab in GroundControl to real world values.

I have the Bar’s bolt together design frame and the chain wraps from the sled over the top of the sprockets and slacks on the bottom.

The CW and CCW work properly on both motors.

After attempting to measure the chain and hook the sled back up, it appears the motors turn the wrong direction. They extend when told to retract and etc. on both sides.

I can not find where to reverse them in Actions/Advanced of GroundControl.

This is considered a top-feed arrangement. Is this what you selected during calibration?

1 Like

Good question. I may have accepted the default if prompted, I will go through calibration again tonight and look for that option. I see that I need to keep notes for every step.

Thanks,
Tony

I had the same issue. I’ve also the narcs frame and followed that hook up. However during calibration, I’ve found out they should be inverted. If you attached the Maslow board at the back, Maslow logo correct (not upside down) the wires should not cross.

1 Like

My board is upside down (logo inverted) but my wires are crossed, so that should be the same thing, unless the crossing of cables causes electrical noise.

What are you referring to as should be inverted during calibration?

Thanks,
Tony

Good suggestion @RavenWall, I hadn’t thought of that as a cause for the motors to spin backwards. @TAD and easy way to test that would be to see if the left motor spins when pressing the button for the left motor.

To check if you are set for top feeding or bottom feeding you can look under the settings and then Advanced Settings to see if top or bottom is selected here:

Oh, I see, I needed to click “Maslow Settings” to drop down the menu to “Advanced Settings”.

Done.

Great and thanks,
Tony

1 Like