Tutorials to get started

Hey all, I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask. Did a quick search of the forums and didn’t really find what I was looking for.

I’m excited to jump into using the Maslow4 once it arrives. I’ve got a lot of experience with 3d printers and 3d modeling, particularly in Fusion360 as well as some experience with lasercutting. I’ve been intrigued by plywood furniture for some time and have been interested in learning how to design it. My attempts to find tutorials on how to design plywood furniture in CAM haven’t been very fruitful though. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start? While I’m familiar with F360, I’m open to learning other software. What I mainly want to learn is some best practices for converting 2d materials to 3d products as well as how to design proper joints for strength.

Thanks!

2 Likes

There are quite a few resources available. Google Flat-Pack Furniture Design. Good luck!

a quick search on youtube shows these fusion 360 resources for “flat pack
furniture design”

I haven’t watched any of these yet.

David Lang

3 Likes

Thanks @aavacado and @dlang I had no idea that’s what it was called! Definitely better results than googling CNC Plywood Furniture CAD… I just get videos of people operating CNCs and assembling furniture.

Much appreciated!

1 Like

We’re also planning some Maslow specific tutorials, but they won’t be out until we have time to make them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Totally understandable, I’m going to practice making some designs in the meantime!

1 Like

Here are some links to OpenDesk projects that can help with inspiration and ideas.

3 Likes