Hello fellow UK Maslowvians,
I’m on the Wiltshire/Hampshire/Berkshire divide.
I started my build back in November last year by ordering the Maslow Arduino Shield and a couple of motors from China. The motors didn’t cut it, because the H-Bridge (Maslow Shield) wasn’t designed for their electronic makeup. As such in December I ordered 4 Motors from Hannah and Bar and set about building a frame and sled.
Initially I was trying to sled my Trend T11E, but it’s a beast and way to top heavy for my initial sled design and ring height. The T11E has a built in leadscrew for the z-axis that I’d adapted to run with one of the Maslow motors. I need to design a new sled and ring to accept it.
So, I decided to use the sled for my Katsu router trimmer (Makita copy out of the same factory, manual even details Makita Japan address on back page!) which cost me about £40 on ebay. The genuine article can sometime be picked up for not much more! I shall probably invest in another of these as a spare. However, in test cuts it performs well and is nice and compact. I built a ‘scrap bin challenge’ z-axis that accepts the Katsu really easily and uses one of the chain motors, which incidentally work well and are easy to configure in GroundControl.
Most of the other parts can be sourced on the web. Chain can be found on eBay, but I advise all to measure 100 links to get a more precise measure. My #25 chain was a little off and I think the difference matters!
Check out https://www.active-robots.com/trm4135-0-25-chain-sprocket-with-8mm-bore-and-10-teeth.html for bits like cogs, etc.
I now have a working Maslow and it’s been a really enjoyable project to build. Now time for making…