Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Unable to find any valuable Cutbuffer provider (Arch Linux/Manjaro)

terminal
linux

Just noticed this in the terminal. Could this be related to the broken kivy on ubuntu?

[INFO ] [Clipboard ] Provider: sdl2([‘clipboard_dbusklipper’, ‘clipboard_gtk3’, ‘clipboard_xclip’, ‘clipboard_xsel’] ignored)
[CRITICAL] [Cutbuffer ] Unable to find any valuable Cutbuffer provider.
xclip - OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/clipboard/clipboard_xclip.py”, line 17, in
p = subprocess.Popen([‘xclip’, ‘-version’], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1025, in _execute_child
raise child_exception

xsel - OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/clipboard/clipboard_xsel.py”, line 16, in
p = subprocess.Popen([‘xsel’], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1025, in _execute_child
raise child_exception

Linux - where is Servo.h? (solved)

What ever it was, ist clean with a restart. I will keep an eye open…
[INFO ] [Logger ] Record log in /home/maslow/.kivy/logs/kivy_18-03-01_2.txt
[INFO ] [Kivy ] v1.10.0
[INFO ] [Python ] v2.7.14 (default, Jan 5 2018, 10:41:29)
[GCC 7.2.1 20171224]
[INFO ] [Factory ] 194 symbols loaded
[INFO ] [Image ] Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_sdl2, img_gif (img_pil, img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[INFO ] [OSC ] using for socket
[INFO ] [Window ] Provider: sdl2([‘window_egl_rpi’] ignored)
[INFO ] [GL ] Using the “OpenGL” graphics system
[INFO ] [GL ] Backend used
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL version <3.0 Mesa 17.3.5>
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL vendor
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL renderer <Mesa DRI Intel® Sandybridge Mobile >
[INFO ] [GL ] OpenGL parsed version: 3, 0
[INFO ] [GL ] Shading version <1.30>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max size <8192>
[INFO ] [GL ] Texture max units <16>
[INFO ] [Window ] auto add sdl2 input provider
[INFO ] [Window ] virtual keyboard not allowed, single mode, not docked
[INFO ] [Text ] Provider: sdl2
[INFO ] [Base ] Start application main loop
[INFO ] [GL ] NPOT texture support is available
[INFO ] [GL ] Unpack subimage support is available

Have you tried reinstalling or updating Kivy?

Thank you

Nope, I’ve seen it again in the terminal, but GC seems to run normal. I want to figgure out what triggers the message.

It looks similar to what Kivy on Windows does when it doesn’t like the open GL it finds.

Thank you

The startup look fine and all green. It happens at some point during the use of GC. I’ve been moving around, loading diferent files, bit-up runs, but still not found how to trigger the error message.

I think this is different than the Ubuntu display issue. Xsel and xclip are the the utilities for Xorg clipboard - copy and paste, I believe. Are xsel and xclip packages installed?

The fuss might be about an image not found? The message is triggered by the ‘calibrate’ button. In the video at 0:45

Edit: Warning, don’t try to watch 48 minutes of calibrating! I was interrupted a few times, needed to get a drink, needed to carry some drinks away, the cats were hungry and I have no slim video editor on linux!

It looks like the extension on that image is all caps…could this be our image file extension on Linux nemesis again?

It’s fixed and merged. This is 1.03
Edit: Will try the 1.07 also tonight
Edit2: replace ‘tonight’ with ‘in the morning’

I too ran into those 3 .JPG references when I went back to v1.03 recently for testing. We’ve fixed a lot of things since then!

Yes, in 1.07, 2 made it back in the code.

/GroundControl-1.07/groundcontrol.kv:752: source: “./Documentation/Calibrate Machine Dimensions/Quadrilateral Kinematics.JPG”
/GroundControl-1.07/groundcontrol.kv:754: source: “./Documentation/Calibrate Machine Dimensions/Triangular Kinematics.JPG”

However the terminal error is unrelated to the picture one. It is for sure some python or kivy thing. It sowed up with 1.07 as well and I had not started calibration. Need to dig more. Perhaps some module with version inconsistency among linux flavours like we had with pyserial.

You ROCK! They were not, installing them will get rid of that anoying thing. THANK YOU!

Edit:
xclip version 0.13
Copyright © 2001-2008 Kim Saunders et al.
Distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
[INFO ] [Clipboard ] Provider: xclip([‘clipboard_dbusklipper’, ‘clipboard_gtk3’] ignored)
[INFO ] [CutBuffer ] cut buffer support enabled

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Great collaboration!

Is there any way we could check that an print a warning the way we do with pyserial versions?