Video Tutorials on Maslow CNC

Please do an accuracy test on this design before you take it apart and build the
replacement.

could you also take a look at the topic

and either contribute your suggestions/opinions on the different frame designs,
or even better, consider building one as a test to see if we have the
instructions done well enough.

the problem is we currently have two designs, and weā€™re trying to hammer out
which to use. Iā€™ve done a detailed assembly guide in text (and have drafting
sheet diagrams that need some finishing touches, like coloring and labeling)
of one approach.

3 Likes

Wow , awesome. Excited to hear whatā€™s to come. Iā€™ll definitely do some videos on accuracy test and the original versus the upgraded version with pros and cons from a user perspective

1 Like

Latest video out now! quick tutorial on installing the z axis

6 Likes

@George_Lehaf When we get the new frame design locked down can we talk you into doing a video on it? I think that would be a fantastic way to introduce the new frame to the community at large. We would be more than happy to pay for the materials.

7 Likes

100% down for that. If you can give me a heads up of when you expect to have the design ready, that would let me schedule a little better on my end so I can make the video with quick turnaround.

2 Likes

Fantastic!!!

I feel very confident we will have the design locked down by the end of next week, because we need to make sure we get all the right hardware into the bags. We might not have a complete set of instructions written by then, but I expect weā€™ll have a rough draft. The new designs are so much simpler that it shouldnā€™t be time consuming to write the instructions.

Iā€™ve got a rough draft of the instructions already at
https://github.com/MaslowCNC/Mechanics/wiki/Feb-2018-Frame (post 380
šŸŒž New Stock Frame Design šŸŒž
has drafts of the images to go with each step)

this was from before we stripped out a few of the braces, so the images will
need re-alighnment with the steps.

But there will be some changes between those instructions and the final design we decide on

absolutely, I went through them a couple days ago to modify them based on the
modifications that we talked about early in the week (making the verticals and
second crossbar optional, and I think I deleted the wing instructions)

the design seems pretty stable except for the top beam mounting at this point.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to hear! If thereā€™s anything I can do to prepare for this new design in advance, please let me know (you can message me separately if youā€™d like). That way I can set up everything and get the new videos out pretty fast.

1 Like

weā€™d welcome any input and suggestions you have on ways to make it easier/more reliable to build

1 Like

I canā€™t stop coming back to this forum. Iā€™ve been a fan since the beginning. I canā€™t wait for this month to end. And I got nothing but time on my side so I need to start learning AutoCAD or something u guys suggest.

@George_Lehaf thank you for this and ur hard work I lost all my doubt about no being able to do this.all my ? R being answered. Plus I need to give myself more credit I have been able to keep up with it besides the math and formula talk in the forums but bottom line thank you for what you are doing (and the rest of the Maslow guruā€™s out there)

3 Likes

Hi, check out this post. There is a bit you can do to ease the time.

1 Like

Thanks gero I remember buying alot of electronic stuff from radio shack when they started downsizing.i might have one but it might not be the mega will see and I will give CAM ago first.

I checked out MoM I believe :honeybee: is bye me Iā€™m in Lancaster CA also marked my spot even though I wonā€™t get mines until the end of this month

And with the frame Iā€™m just waiting for the final version to start building that

3 Likes

I checked I have the uno

I forgot about that stuff

3 Likes

Quick tutorial video on calibrating the original Maslow CNC Machine!

5 Likes

FYI - I will have to dig for it now. I have an old post about using a pencil during calibration instead of cutting with a bit. The jist of it is to save wood for real cuts, I have a hole drilled to the right side of my router and a pencil cap I 3D printed. I use rubber bands to hold the pencil. This draws an off set from the router bit but allows me to measure the lines instead of cuts. If your interested Iā€™ll dig for the post.

My bad - I should have first said, as always itā€™s a cool video.

Thank you

1 Like

remember George is still working with quadralateral kinematics, so an offset
marker doesnā€™t work.

he now has a linkage kit, and it will be very interesting to see the difference
in accuracy.

1 Like

@George_Lehaf: This is a great video series! Your videos are very informative and I envy how quickly you get the editing done. I usually take weeks to get a video edited to the point where Iā€™m okay with it, and even more time if itā€™s a longer video. Iā€™m running into that issue with my linkage trial videos right now. I have over 2 hours of video of the machine cutting and it takes a long time to edit that into something that people would actually want to watch. :open_mouth:

Just a quick note about the calibration process you documented. You drew a yellow line indicating the alignment of the chain sprocket for the initial steps of calibration. The line you have drawn is at 12 oā€™clock relative to the motor, when it needs to be straight up and down relative to the machine. Calibrating as youā€™ve shown will actually make the machine think that the chains are shorter than they are. I hate to be so nit-picky, but getting this detail right will significantly help everyone getting their Maslows set up.

2 Likes