WebControl Releases for Testing

I’ve updated the latest releases to include the ability to perform a self-update. There are releases for RPI, debian-based Linux, Win64 and Win32.

There are no new features in these releases other than the self-updating. Please, if you are inclined, try them out and report back on how they work. It’s been a challenge to get them to work and I had to redo them today because of an issue I discovered in my previous builds. So please realize you may run into issues with the updating feature.

It’s very important to read the notes on the release page.

2 Likes

The WIN32 version works. Cool and thank you for your work! :slight_smile:
Somehow the update notification did not pop up.

The WIN64 version was not able to update to 0.906:

Initializing Logger
C:\Users\kurt/.WebControl/log.txt`
C:\Users\kurt\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI193482
Initializing Configuration
Camera initialized
----
win64
singlefile
----
C:\Users\kurt
Starting Console Queue Processor
C:\Users\kurt/.WebControl/webcontrol-*.port
-$$$$$-
C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl\main.py
C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl
-$$$$$-
opening browser
check for pyrelease
v0.906
webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile.zip
https://api.github.com/repos/madgrizzle/WebControl/releases/assets/15258953
{"hostAddress": "192.168.89.202:5000"}
connected
16e734eca215467e9dcdfd7e6993854b
Attempting to re-establish connection to controller
starting UI
connecting
is unavailable or in use
I'm connected! 
Sending Board Data
Sent Board Data
Sending Board Cut Data compressed
connecting
is unavailable or in use
Sent Board Cut Data compressed
connecting
is unavailable or in use
connecting
is unavailable or in use
connecting
is unavailable or in use
connecting
is unavailable or in use
connecting
is unavailable or in use
56% [........................................                                ] 40845312 / 
72886764connecting
is unavailable or in use
75% [......................................................                  ] 54771712 / 
72886764connecting
is unavailable or in use
100% [........................................................................] 72886764 / 
72886764C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
'C:\\Users\\kurt\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\_MEI193482/tools/7z.exe'
connecting
is unavailable or in use
{"title": "Actions"}

Please try again with the latest release. Win32 builds will be added soon.

1 Like

Win32 versions added.

1 Like

The WIN64 version seems to work. :slight_smile:

Initializing Logger
C:\Users\kurt/.WebControl/log.txt
C:\Users\kurt\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI67722
Initializing Configuration
Camera initialized
----
win64
singlefile
----
C:\Users\kurt
Starting Console Queue Processor
C:\Users\kurt/.WebControl/webcontrol-*.port
-$$$$$-
C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl\main.py
-$$$$$-
opening browser
check for pyrelease
v0.906
webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile.zip
https://api.github.com/repos/madgrizzle/WebControl/releases/assets/15314541
{"hostAddress": "192.168.1.143:5000"}
connected
5fb360af236c4eea892c11f28e594259
Attempting to re-establish connection to controller
starting UI
connecting
 is unavailable or in use
I'm connected!
Sending Board Data
Sent Board Data
Sending Board Cut Data compressed
connecting
 is unavailable or in use
Sent Board Cut Data compressed
connecting
 is unavailable or in use
connecting
 is unavailable or in use
  0% [                                                                        ]   688128 / 73203096connecting
 is unavailable or in use
 34% [........................                                                ] 25378816 / 73203096connecting
 is unavailable or in use
 71% [...................................................                     ] 52215808 / 73203096connecting
 is unavailable or in use
 88% [...............................................................         ] 64618496 / 73203096connecting
 is unavailable or in use
100% [........................................................................] 73203096 / 73203096C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip
popening
['C:\\Users\\kurt\\.WebControl\\downloads\\upgrade_webcontrol_win.bat', 'C:\\Users\\kurt\\.WebControl\\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip', 'C:\\Users\\kurt\\Documents\\WebControl', 'C:\\Users\\kurt\\.WebControl\\downloads\\7za.exe']
here1
Shutting Down
Shutdown

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>PING localhost -n 4  1>NUL

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>echo "C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip"
"C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip"

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>echo C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>echo C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads\7za.exe
C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads\7za.exe

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>cd C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads\7za.exe x -y "C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads/webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip"

7-Zip (a) 19.00 (x86) : Copyright (c) 1999-2018 Igor Pavlov : 2019-02-21

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 73203096 bytes (70 MiB)

Extracting archive: C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads\webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip
--
Path = C:\Users\kurt\.WebControl\downloads\webcontrol-0.906-win64-singlefile (1).zip
Type = zip
Physical Size = 73203096

Everything is Ok

Size:       73784536
Compressed: 73203096

C:\Users\kurt\Documents\WebControl>start "" "webcontrol"

This evening I performed the holey calibration in WebControl (running on my Pi). All went well, I think.
Drilling the holes and measuring wasn’t a problem. After entering the measurements and pressing “Calculate”, the “Accept results” button unshaded (<= is that an english word). After pressing that button I did not see any confirmation or error.
How can I check that the holey calibration is processed? The Calibration Error showed a 1 in the Holey Calibration screen. Does this mean that the something went wrong during calibration? If yes, where can I find out what went wrong. I couldn’t find anything in the Maslow settings or the Advanced settings.

TLDR: You should be good to go.

There’s no message once you accept the results.

When the values are accepted, they update the values in settings. You can go to settings and look to verify the values changed.

The ‘1’ is normal. I hadn’t implemented the error calculation that is in the ground control version so I just put a ‘1’ in the return function… then I forgot about going back to it. So I’ll look into it.

WebControl has been updated to v0.907 and is available for download … or via actions->updated webcontrol if you have a self-updating version already installed.

To test my holey calibration I cut a large circle (50cm) with an engraved square in it on both sides (left/right) of the board.

The first measurements were spot on. So, to quote the pointer sisters: I was so excited!

But then things went south

The circles and the squares are both of by +/- 3mm at some points. I was hoping for better results, to be honest.
Can the above mentioned update help me by more accurate input in holey calibration? Are there other things I can look at within holey calibration / WebControl?

If you rounded you measurements to the nearest whole number because you couldn’t enter decimals, then you will potentially see improved results re-entering the measurements as a decinal (if you wrote them down, there’s no need to do the cut).

Sorry about that happening.

This thread is called testing, so this is part of the deal :sweat_smile:. Despite the millimeters off, I’m very pleased with WebControl running on my RaspberryPi

Glad to hear…

The ‘error’ was just one of ignorance. I googled it and the solution (to make keypad popup instead of keyboard) was to include: type=“number” in the html line. Didn’t read enough or Google enough to find out that you also needed to add: step=“any” to allow decimals.

I updated WebControl this evening (through WebMCP) and updated firmware in WebControl. To my understanding that should resolve the integer issue in holey calibration. The thing is, it doesn’t :pleading_face:. Am I missing a vital step?
I remeasured all the holes with the vernier scale dlang designed a couple of months ago. My circle is now closer to round but still +/- 2 mm of at some points. Hoping to get even more accurate when I can put decimal numbers into holey calibration.

1 Like

Oh, I thought you were using the pyinstaller versions (that’s what this thread is for). I’ll build and push and updated docker image you can update through webmcp.

The :japanese_ogre: is in the details :sweat_smile:.

I don’t mind using the pyinstaller. The problem is that I’m not familiar with the pyinstaller and the steps to get it up and running on my Rpi. On the other hand, a year ago I didn’t know a thing about CNC and since a couple months I know what a RaspberryPi is. So pyinstaller should be doable :sunglasses:.

For pyinstaller version, you currently have to have ssh access or gui access to the raspberry pi. I’m working on getting a pre-installed image done that will work in an headless environment and startup automatically.

I’m building the docker update, but it wants to rebuild everything so it will take a few hours. I’ll have it up some time tonight… if all goes well with the build.

You can try to update now and give it a go.

Yes, that works. Thanks!

1 Like

There’s a new webcontrol release (pyinstaller) available for testing.

1 Like