WebControl Releases for Testing

Oh man! I didn’t know there was a windows version of this available! I thought it was solely for the pi. I will do some testing tomorrow!

2 Likes

The single file and single directory versions function the same, but the single directory loads quicker… but isn’t as “portable” as the single file.

2 Likes

Well I’d be running the windows version on a desktop connected to my Maslow, so I’m not really worried about it being portable, but when I put it on the PI, and get all that sorted, then I’ll have a display screen directly on the side of my maslow. Or at least that’s how I envision it anyway lol

1 Like

For the rpi, I only make a single-directory version (the difference being that for single-directory, files are uncompressed into a directory upon installation but for the single-file version, the files are uncompressed into a temporary directory every time it’s run). It takes about a minute on an rpi to uncompress the single-file version, so I don’t even bother with it.

1 Like

Hey … trying to start Webcontrol on Windows10, German … is not running :frowning:
Do any precautions have to be taken?
Is any software needed besides Windows?

What was the error message? I’m building a new version to correct an error, but not sure if the error would have caused what you are experiencing.

No error message! … starting webcontrol.exe … an window opened … and closed wihtin a fraction of a second! Is there any log file created by webcontrol or an option to create one?

Try downloading the new version of 0.914. I suspect you encountered the bug I fixed yesterday.

1 Like

I have downloaded 0.914 on 10.11.2019 :frowning:

Is there any debug feature doing some logging to understand whats going on?

Open up a command prompt and go to the directory where the file is and run it from there (i.e., type in webcontrol.exe). It won’t close the command prompt window when it errors.

1 Like

Just back to office!
here’s the error shown:

Can you try downloading it again? I think you are still using the old 0.914 release because the ones I just download seem to work. I probably should have just released the new one as 0.915 to avoid the confusion.

2 Likes

OK … will do now

OK… Win32/64 working !!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience of a bad release.

Important PSA: Webcontrol will stop working after a 1000 lines of messages are sent to the log UNLESS you go to Help->Logs to clear them out (they will stay cleared out after doing so)… I’ll rebuild a new version tonight that eliminates the problem.

Release to fix the logging issue is out.

2 Likes

@madgrizzle, awesome job on building/improving WebControl!

After having to disassembly part of my 10ft frame this summer to make room for a new garage door. I finally have everything back together with an extended frame and top beam to 12ft.

I took out my Raspberry pi 3b from the parts bin, flashed it with Raspbian Buster lite and configured it for my network. I then downloaded and unzipped the webcontrol-0.915-rpi-singledirectory.tar.gz file. Started up the webcontrol executable and the controller and motors sprang back to life.

So, time permitting I plan on re-running holey calibration, I previously was running @Joshua 1.25 fork of GC and firmware with great results.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Please upgrade the firmware (Actions->Upgrade Holey Firmware) so webcontrol recognizes that you are using holey calibration firmware. It’s the same as @joshua’s fork with a couple additions unrelated to the calibration model.

1 Like

New release that tests out a new help system… please take a look and let me know if there are any problems.

1 Like