• Carbide Create
  • Fusion 360
  • V Carve
  • Estlcam
  • Easel
  • FreeCad
  • Other

0 voters

Please post what you use if you chose other.

1 Like

For maslow i do use CamBam on Linux for generating gcode.

2 Likes

I wonder if the 33% (currently) of respondents that chose Other noticed that last instruction thereā€¦Iā€™d love to see an organic CAM software list generated by peopleā€™s responses!

Personally I included Other in my selection because I still use Makercam believe it or not he he, and also jscut. Oh, and TextEdit.app of course :wink:

1 Like

Nice! I didnā€™t know CAMBAM was available under Linux. Is it stable ? Do you use the free version allowing 1000 lines ? If so, is that a problem for your average Maslow projects, or you never reach this limit ?

OnShape and Kiri:Moto

Kiri:Moto leaves a bit to be desired on the efficiency of the code it generates, but it runs in OnShape which I have been using for quite a while now. Iā€™ll have to experiment with some of the other options out there when I have time.

1 Like

could you post the profile you use and possible put together a demo (video or
article with screenshots)?

This is a combo that I believe should work well, but I havenā€™t done enough to be
confident in what Iā€™ve done.

David Lang

Sure, I could try to throw something together.

Openscad,. Kirimoto

1. Kiri:Moto:

Since approx one year I use Kiri for allmost all parts. :slight_smile: But as @awithing mentioned, it produces sometimes unefficient paths. On the other hand Steward from Kiri fixes ā€œbugsā€ very quickly. :slight_smile:

1. Fusion 360:

I design 95% off my parts in F360. If the shape is very complex I do the CAM also with it.

1. LaserWeb4:

My first CAM. I loved it because I was able to do CAM and to send gcode to the machine.

Now I use CNC.js on a Raspi. :slight_smile:

I recently found
KrabzCAM

Very useful if you use SVG / Dxf files / LibreCAD.

1 Like