Why isn't any of this information available?

Wow.
There are things I don’t know and could not find definite answers to in the forums. As one member above stated, “some members figured some things out and shared. Other members figured things out and kept it to themselves.”

Things I think are common sense, especially after 7 years are not there. Like documenting “things figured out” in one common area so that doesn’t have to be “figured out” again and time and resources can be used on the next problem…

Example:
dlang

Dec '17

so this makes it:

worm gear 2:25
next stage 10:35
next stage 9:29
final stage 18:37

648:187775 (and it does not factor smaller)

factor in the encoder (7*4) and you get
162 revs per 1314425 encoder steps or 8113.7345679012 encoder steps/rev

so we have been off by 0.42% in our measurement of all chain lengths, or around 10-12mm in motor spacing measurements (and at about 1500mm of chain, one tooth off)

no wonder we have been going nuts trying to get things accurate

We owe a LOT to the people who reported the positioning error

dlang

Dec '17

using 8114 results in an error of 0.00327%, which over 3000mm translates into an error of 0.098mm, which should be close enough (8113.7 would result in an error of 0.013mm over that same distance)

Can someone please change this and set their machine to spin for a while and validate this?
End Example

So, I asked a question. Most questions are responded to, some never are. If you think a question can be insulting, combative or abusive, there is nothing I can do about that.

Don’t reply to a question with a question. especially “WHY”, or “it doesn’t matter”. If you don’t know, say you don’t know. If you don’t have the information, say that. If it’s an “off the shelf” or “preassembled only” item .
give the model # and manufacture.

It was just a question to get information I thought you should have, stop being so sensitive and reading in insults that are not there.

As for my Maslow machine contributions, no I haven’t made any yet. I am just starting out and don’t have all the basic data I would like to have and concepts I would like to understand before I start anything. So, I have no insights or comments to offer. As for my Maslow suggestions, they are in the replies marked with “Example” “End example”.

As I said in the very first post, Thanks for the work you put in.
To those that offered information, thank you.
To those that offered information and criticism, thank you for the information
To those that have/had criticisms but didn’t reply, thank you.