Wrecked another piece of wood. This time, quite expensive $60 piece of red oak

@Dean I’ve heard that a few times about the vacuum hose causing static interference with the electronics. Sadly, I don’t have mine hooked up. BUT. Now that you mention it, there’s is a plastic HDPE wring around the Metal Maslow sled. Wonder if that could some how be causing interference? It’s literally the only thing that’s changed on my Maslow. And I wasn’t having a single connection issue before.

1 Like

@madgrizzle is there an image ready to go for the pi 3B+? I’m not that well versed in the Pi, so if there’s a lot of setting up, I’d be lost. But that is an option I’m definitely interested in.

There’s an image that works with the docker version of webcontrol, but I haven’t been able to do one for the pyinstaller release. I think I can put instructions together on how to get up and running through ssh access (have you ever used ssh client such as putty before?)

Yes, I use it and FileZilla to SSH into my pi when using retropie. I’m good at directions, just don’t know enough about it as a whole to try and do it myself without any walkthroughs so to speak

If you already have ssh access, it’s as simple as downloading the file, extracting it, and executing it. You can find those instructions on the webcontrol releases page. I’ll type something up tomorrow when I get back in town.

1 Like

wget https://github.com/madgrizzle/WebControl/releases/download/v0.916/webcontrol-0.916-rpi-singledirectory.tar.gz

tar -zxvf webcontrol-0.916-linux-singledirectory.tar.gz

cd webcontrol (I think this is needed)

./webcontrol

1 Like

Thank you! I will pull out a spare pi b3+ tomorrow and get SSH enabled, and ready to go. Thank you man.

And then bring up a web browser on a computer and browse to the rpi’s address, port 5000.