Z Axis Issues - Drifting

I want my maslow to know where it actually is. That error adds up and then I either end up cutting too much or too little. Webcontrol reporting that the z axis is a 0mm when its actually at 0.5mm indicates to me that something is wrong with either the cable or the controller. Oh, and im using 51.28. It reminds me every time that web control is 51.27.

Does your sled position z value still match with the gcode value? I have similar issues, but I see it reported. See picture. -2.41mm sled position comparted to -2.54mm gcode. I rarely see the error if I have it shown in inches since .1" is much larger than .1mm

1 Like

If your cable has a broken wire or your board has a bad solder joint for the encoder then you could lose steps randomly as the wire disconnects and where the system is and where it reports it is will not match.

And thats what im thinking at this point, however, Makermade wont get back to me about warranty parts (only had this machine about 2 mo and had this problem the whole time)

So makermade got back to me today, after i submitted another ticket yesterday. They are going to ship both a cable and a new motor board to see if that fixes it.

1 Like

Let us know how it pans out. Curious if you are seeing the same type of z sled and z gcode discrepancy that I see in the picture I posted above.
Sled Position Z:-2.41 GCode Z-2.54

So turns out that they sent me an M2 board, so now I am using that system! Yay! Anyways, I have spent all evening setting this up, but I am still seeing my issues. I havent tried any G-Code yet, but it looks like this problem still exists as of now. I am also now using Makerverse, as I would assume that it is better than WebControl since the M2 was a Makermade project, not a Maslow one. The one frustrating thing is that I dont see anywhere to enter the actual pitch of the Z-Axis, so I have just run the Calibration wizard for the Z-Axis a ton of times. Sometimes it gets really close (About ±1% of the target), but as soon as I try again, it gets worse (±10% of the target). This simply will not do and I need to cut out some Christmas presents this weekend that very much rely on the depth being just right.

1 Like