Zaxis GC close out

Has anyone else had this issue. When I open the Zaxis menu to jog the z, I’ll click outside the Zaxis menu frame. It will close GC. Frustrating.

1 Like

What OS? What Version of GC?

Thank you

1.23 GC, Windows

can you try 1.22?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Bee,

Just as a follow up here. I’ve been using the 1.22 version of GC and I noticed this evening that if I click, hold and drag my mouse cursor in an open window of GC the software will crash and close out. Wasn’t if anyone has reported this anywhere but this happens on 1.22 and 1.23GC.

2 Likes

That sounds like a UI issue. @bar any ideas on this.

Thank you for bring it to our attention.

2 Likes

Confirmed bug on ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS (Bionic Beaver) 64-bit with GC 1.23.
To replicate:
Open the Z menu, click and drag outside the Z window.
Just clicking outside will not crash GC for me, but a drag will.

Edit: Same thing happens in GC 1.03 and all versions between, so it’s not recent, just no one found it :wink:
Thanks @TalleyMakeWork

[INFO ] [Base ] Leaving application in progress…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main.py”, line 512, in
GroundControlApp().run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/app.py”, line 828, in run
runTouchApp()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 487, in runTouchApp
EventLoop.window.mainloop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/core/window/window_sdl2.py”, line 619, in mainloop
self._mainloop()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/core/window/window_sdl2.py”, line 362, in _mainloop
EventLoop.idle()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 330, in idle
self.dispatch_input()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 315, in dispatch_input
post_dispatch_input(*pop(0))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/base.py”, line 221, in post_dispatch_input
listener.dispatch(‘on_motion’, etype, me)
File “kivy/_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy._event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (/tmp/pip-build-_vNsLS/kivy/kivy/_event.c:7699)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/core/window/init.py”, line 1032, in on_motion
self.dispatch(‘on_touch_move’, me)
File “kivy/_event.pyx”, line 718, in kivy._event.EventDispatcher.dispatch (/tmp/pip-build-_vNsLS/kivy/kivy/_event.c:7699)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/core/window/init.py”, line 1058, in on_touch_move
if w.dispatch(‘on_touch_move’, touch):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/uix/widget.py”, line 443, in on_touch_move
if child.dispatch(‘on_touch_move’, touch):
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/uix/relativelayout.py”, line 286, in on_touch_move
ret = super(RelativeLayout, self).on_touch_move(touch)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/uix/widget.py”, line 443, in on_touch_move
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/kivy/uix/scatter.py”, line 544, in on_touch_move
if super(Scatter, self).on_touch_move(touch):
File “/home/whoareyou4/Maslow/fw-test/GroundControl-1.23/UIElements/modernMenu.py”, line 150, in on_touch_move
touch.ud[‘menu_timeout’] and
KeyError: ‘menu_timeout’

2 Likes

No problem.

Do you want to open an issue on github or shall I ?

2 Likes

I’m not so sure how to do that as I have never created an open issue on github. Would you be so kind to do this for me and the community?

3 Likes

Done https://github.com/MaslowCNC/GroundControl/issues/780

3 Likes

Good work. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve assigned the issue to myself and I’m on it!

2 Likes

I’ve created Pull request #781 to fix the issue. Please give it a :+1: vote if you think it fixes the issue appropriately

1 Like

Shouldn’t you go vote too? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes I should :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Tested on linux works like a charm.
Master speed solving!

2 Likes