I’ve been working on this project for about a week now, and after scrapping numerous design ideas I’ve finally chosen this one. This was also my first attempt at using Easel, which is somewhat interesting and limited, but I do love the real time preview!
I just finished the design tonight (8/22…technically 8/23), and will be posting updates as I progress. I will begin the cutting on Saturday, because I will be installing my new dust collection system today after work.
This will be my third cut with the Maslow, so hopefully I’m not getting in over my head with this one.
After some Z-Axis issues (still occuring), and a newborn that I’m sharing my time with I was able to finish the cut. I’ll start doing some cleanup tonight or tomorrow hopefully!
My z axis seems to be off some, so it either dove too deep (burn marks), or not deep enough. Easel also created some double lines that are going to require some cleanup…or maybe it was me being a newbie designer, but I’ll figure it out!
I was finally able to do some more playing with this project. I really wasn’t too pleased with the quality of my cut, but I decided to take the Bob Ross approach of… “We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents .”
So I continued on just to see what I could do with it. This is my current progress. I’m thinking I might fill in the letters with white and then just shellac the whole thing.