Adjustable Skirt System for the Standard Frame Design

I have worked up a Fusion 360 file for a skirt support system.
It will accommodate fine adjustment for full 4’x8’ cutting regardless of the thickness.
You can flip the design for the opposite side and for the bottom.
Feedback is welcome as I’m a newbie,

4 Likes

This is some very good thinking, I like it! Thanks for sharing it.

I wonder if this could be combined with the offset sides/camera lens style others have done, so both depth of material (as you’ve drawn here) as well as length and width of material can be adjusted for.

-Jeff

1 Like

Opposite side view…

Ahh, I get what you’re saying. This design has accommodation for a 12" width and a 12" height differential.

Hmm you’ve lost me now. Let me see if I can find a post showing the adjustable skirt, brb…

Hmm, I can’t seem to find the example someone posted on here. They used some threaded rods, IIRC, and referred to it in the style of a camera lens iris or something.

Instead, I’ll use this Woodpeckers jig as an example of what I was saying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Viusc8JDhA

If you combine that for length and width with your idea for depth adjustability, you could accomodate various workpieces (depending on your frame having a solid backboard or appropriate supports). Just an idea…

-Jeff

2 Likes

I guess you meant this thread?

1 Like

Nice, similar to what Brian Hussey did on Facebook, except he didn’t provide any drawings. I think he made the bottom support adjustable as well, but he didn’t show any pictures.

edit: removed picture, wasn’t mine to upload

2 Likes

There are some picture of details build by Brian on FB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! That was the exact thread I meant. -Jeff

After seeing the thread you’re referring to, I have a bunch of new ideas to attempt to incorporate. I’ll see what I can come up with. That adjustable design is ingenious.