Adobe Illustrator to G-Code Converter

That link works! I don’t see any way to specify individual toolpaths, how do you take a specific vector or closed path and tell it how to cut inside, outside, or along a specific path? Specify depth of cut? Can you do pocketing?

It would be nice to see some examples on your site, and perhaps some photos of finished results.

I probably needed to specify that right now the app is not for cnc routers, it is more useful for laser cutters and plotters. where you don’t need to specify the parameters related to bits. It is converting svg or illustrator files directly to gcode.
We might add more features though.

Hey George, did you had a chance to play with Vector to gcode. I purchased the app but unfortunately I couldn’t figure it out set z axis settings. Z coordinate doesn’t move up further away from the bed, while is not cutting or drawing! Anyone any idea what would be logic settings? Thanks!

You can find a much more advanced version of the same tool at https://www.gcodetools.com

1 Like

Gcodetools used to be a free plugin for inkscape.

The linked site isn’t reachable, but IIRC they’re different things with the same name. The inkscape add-on gcodetools stopped being supported around 10 years ago, it was one of my first CAM tools when it was being developed. Not really sure what happened, they (the add-on guys) were discussing new features right up to the time they went dark.