Bathroom Potty Training Stool

Here is a quick little project for use in the house. I had a left over piece of 3/4" plywood from the camper cut out and wanted to put it to good use. What’s that saying, “Happy Wife, Happy Life”.

The stool can be cut out of 15" x 25" stock with a generous margin of 1" on all sides.

I did run into an accuracy issue, probably because I can’t seem to get a good fitness score. The requested pockets were supposed to be 0.75" (19.05mm) wide and they measured 0.6955"(17.6657mm) so 0.0545"(1.38mm) off. 1.38mm error across 19.05mm is less than desirable.

Either way I setup a contour toolpath with a -0.027 in radial stock to leave to fix the error.

Now my daughter and I have something to do tonight involving paint.

File ran to do the main cutting.
Bathroom Potty Training Stool.nc (61.6 KB)

Fusion file.
Bathroom Potty Training Stool v4.f3d (831.0 KB)

7 Likes

Excellent! That looks great!

The first 3D render is so good that I thought it was the real thing at first :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, it needs a design revision. It’s a little too tippy.

That reminded me of this product This Unicorn Changed the Way I Poop - #SquattyPotty (youtube.com)

1 Like

I got a good chuckle out of that. Thanks I needed that today.

@Frank_Wiebenga Any chance you could share what software and settings you used to generate your gcode for this? I just ran your nc file, and am noticing that the cuts look a bit better than mine have been coming out, especially around tabs (I’m using KrabzCAM). I’m most curious about your step down depth, but the more info you can share the marrier! TIA :slight_smile:

Fusion 360 using a single flute compression bit. 0.26" doc and like 30-40"/min federate off the top of my head.

1 Like