Belt end mounts at top, bottom, left and right for horizontal

Bar, Anna
I plan to take tape measure to my deck today. But it hit me why foes tie points need to be at corners for horizontal. I understand in vertical you wanted 2 motors to support weight of the sled. But in horizontal that is not a concern. Maybe manual using jog controls to set corners would be needed. Horizont does yake a different look at things. Since calubration is in work. Maybe consider this possibility.

1 Like

I’m not sure that I quite understand

Not major. But for horizonal. What if belt tie pointa were centered as top bottom left and right instead of top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right. Should still work in horizonal frame. Is there a way to calibrate even if done manually?
Martha

That would work, but your work area would be smaller. There is a visualization in the software for roughly what size area you can cut in for a given set of anchor points.

y

You can absolutely enter manual measurements for the anchor point locations into the config file, but it is very very difficult to get precise measurements.

Can you manually jog to a location with the position indicted on screen? That looks like a vertical resolution graph. Horizontal woll be different. It should not have the large red area at the top.
Martha

1 Like

Yup

You are absolutely correct.

I think I just realized something. Can you actually cut a board using only jog controls. Ie. No software gcode needed.

Martha

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

1 Like

Yes, but jog controls us the G0 command which always moves at maximum speed which may or may not be the speed that you want to cut at.

Any chance that speed can be a variable. Does jog have distance per jog being variable?

Martha

1 Like

I am having difficulty learning software. Would help if I can find a way to use manually. Guess I am getting too old

Martha

1 Like

Wait a min. I thought max speed was a variable. You ran your demo graphics with different max speeds.

Martha

1 Like

With multilateral bits. I may need max speed cuts. What speed is g0 running at?

Martha

Good memory! Max Speed is a variable and you can change it, it’s just a little bit hidden in the settings. There is also a distance moved option for jog so that one is easy.

Not at all! The 3D modeling software is hard…but we have a plan for that! We’re working on our own 3D modeling software that will make it way easier to make things. It’s not going to be ready for a couple months yet, but it is in the works. I 100% agree that learning how to 3D model stuff is way too big of a hurdle right now and we’re going to work to make it easier.

Best bet would iif if somehow software could be modified to use g1 with variables for needed additional info… it would sure help me be able to use.

Martha

1 Like

Yes you have said it is coming. My mind is getting cramped trying to learn. But as you said it may number end of summer. Is there anyway f0 on jog can be modified Eben if just gor me to use.

Martha

1 Like

Yeah, that wouldn’t be too hard to do, but I think that you are going to find it’s not that useful that way

in theory yes, in practice the fact that the router would be stopped while
against the wood would burn the wood and dull the bit (and possibly start a
fire)

David Lang

1 Like

You do not understand my physical conditions. I suffer from tremors in both arms and kegs. I suffer sometime with blackouts to where I am not aware of anything. I do not feel safe using many power tools. I figured I could talk machine wear I want cut and let it perform the work.

Martha

1 Like

I think there is a place where you can manually enter gcode in the UI (if there
isn’t, there should be)

David Lang

the worst case is that the router stops and continues spinning while in contact
with the wood and starts the wood on fire.

David Lang

1 Like