Calibration of small work area

I am trying to calibrate my Maslow on a small work area. The work area is 610mm (2’) wide and 1220mm (4’). But at the triangular calibration cuts are made at a margin from the edge. But with the small width of my Maslow the cuts comes very close to each other. This makes the calibration very poor.

Thus my question is would it be possible to use a false work area that is larger than the actual area to reduce the margins during the calibration and get a better calibration? Or is the calibration process dependent on a correct work area?

1 Like

the calibration depends on the machine dimensions, not the work area, so you
should be able to fake it.

What are the frame dimensions? Motor distance and height over the sheet?

the calibration depends on the machine dimensions, not the work area, so you
should be able to fake it.

Ok, that is good. Having a 10" margin on either side of an 24" piece is a little bit too much :slight_smile:

What are the frame dimensions? Motor distance and height over the sheet?

Motor distance is 1650mm and height over the sheet is 380mm

1 Like

Is that more height then width? Portrait?

Yes, indeed.

1 Like

So your calibration cuts should not only be smaller but also 90° tilt.
Don’t think the software should be the limit here. @dlang is always helpful when it get to the programming.
I guess with triangular that it should not matter having the width slimmer then the total cutting height.

Perhaps its worth a try to set all measurements manually. From my mind the only thing missing would be the chain sack calculation. A number to be played with for finer adjustment.

I have now done a calibration with a bedwidth of 1040mm. And it looked like it was OK. I will cut the sled during the weekend and check how that turns out. Thanks for the help @dlang and @Gero