Chain slack and possibly calibration

So I have a cnc m2 machine and while I was calibrating it. It kept going down to the floor and the chains kept extending and it won’t go back up and I was wondering if anybody knew how to fix it or to get it back up

That usually means that the setting for how far apart the motors are is way larger than where they are in reality. I would try beginning the calibration process from the beginning and hopefully it will fix itself this time around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Click the blue Set Home button in the upper right hand corner and then try to move it again.

1 Like

you have to give it a reference point before you start calibration and set chains or set home will do that depending on which version of makerverse you are using.

1 Like

Update*** I was able to get my machine back in position just having issues with my z axis I believe or my router not too sure but whenever I hit play so it can cut my g code the router goes away from the wood any body got any suggestions?

$3=4 or $3=0 in the console will reverse the z axis

1 Like

It still does the same thing it goes back. Is it supposed to do that?

no. It should save the change… have you done a complete reset of the board memory (it will require recalibration).

1 Like

I have not. I am currently chatting with tech support hopefully they’ll be able to help me out. I’ll post what they say here.