Community Garden Website

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://maslowcommunitygarden.org/Website.html

I really like this idea. What a great way to share and to learn from. I learn much faster by being able to see how someone else has put some thing together. I especially like how this is setup, linking the forum to it, nice. I look forward to seeing how files can be collaboratively developed too.

Nice job!!!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Iā€™m really excited about it. Weā€™ve been getting requests for a way to share projects since day one and so it feels good to be starting to work on it :grinning:

5 Likes

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but trying to add a project this morning and ran into the following.

If your project generates properly, it will appear when the website regenerates in one minute.

The output from the php script which uploads and tests your files is:

3 bytes written to file 

Sorry, there was an error uploading your file.uploads/mainpicture.jpg 

Sorry, there was an error uploading your file.uploads/userUpload.zip

The output from the python script which creates the github repository is:

got to the beginning of the script unzip: cannot find or open /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip, /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.zip or /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.ZIP. rm: cannot remove '/var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip': No such file or directory Oh darn, something went wrong in the python code... 422 {u'documentation_url': u'https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/#create', u'message': u'Repository creation failed.', u'errors': [{u'field': u'name', u'code': u'missing_field', u'resource': u'Repository'}, {u'field': u'name', u'message': u'name is too short (minimum is 1 character)', u'code': u'custom', u'resource': u'Repository'}]} /var/www/html/createRepo.sh: line 14: cd: /var/www/html/uploads/tmp: No such file or directory deleting usrinput.txt
While waiting for your project to be created check out the instructions page here for tips on how to interact with your new project.

Thanks!

This is a great place to post this, Iā€™ll check it out and see what I can find!

I think I tracked down what was going on, when you have a chance will you give it another go?

Just tried again and got the following.

If your project generates properly, it will appear when the website regenerates in one minute.

3 bytes written to file

Sorry, there was an error uploading your file.uploads/mainpicture.jpg

Sorry, there was an error uploading your file.uploads/userUpload.zip

got to the beginning of the script unzip: cannot find or open /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip, /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.zip or /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.ZIP. rm: cannot remove ā€˜/var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zipā€™: No such file or directory Oh darn, something went wrong in the python codeā€¦ 422 {uā€™documentation_urlā€™: uā€™Repositories - GitHub Docsā€™, uā€™messageā€™: uā€™Repository creation failed.ā€˜, uā€™errorsā€™: [{uā€™fieldā€™: uā€™nameā€™, uā€™codeā€™: uā€™missing_fieldā€™, uā€™resourceā€™: uā€™Repositoryā€™}, {uā€™fieldā€™: uā€™nameā€™, uā€™messageā€™: uā€™name is too short (minimum is 1 character)ā€˜, uā€™codeā€™: uā€™customā€™, uā€™resourceā€™: uā€™Repositoryā€™}]} /var/www/html/createRepo.sh: line 14: cd: /var/www/html/uploads/tmp: No such file or directory deleting usrinput.txt
While waiting for your project to be created check out the instructions page here for tips on how to interact with your new project.

:slightly_frowning_face:

I think the issue is here.

Is there anything special about those files? What are they actually called? Are they HUGE or anything like that?

the mainpicture is just an image 1.75MB in size named IMG_2684.jpg

and the zip file is named EdgeClampConnector.zip and is 7.30MB. Iā€™ll make that smaller and try again.

Progressā€¦ making the zip file smaller worked. Looks like now I need to make the main image smaller.

180 bytes written to file

The image file looks good - image/jpeg.Sorry, your file is too large.Sorry, your file was not uploaded.

The file EdgeClampConnector.zip has been uploaded.

got to the beginning of the script Archive: /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip inflating: /var/www/html/uploads/edgeclamp-75.nc inflating: /var/www/html/uploads/Corner Connector v15.f3d Adding GitHub User: theRatchet GIT URL: GitHub - MaslowCommunityGarden/Edge-Clamp-Connector: Clamp style connector allowing you to join the edges of plywood or other materials together. Inspired by Ply Products and Playwood. <ā€” Congratulations! Your project is has been created and will appear soon

1 Like

Got it! I can increase the limits on those file sizes. Iā€™ll make the limit like 25MB, anything bigger than that and itā€™s probably easier to upload it directly to github once the project is made

Iā€™ve increased the file size limit for the picture to 5MB and the limit for the project files to 50MB

Edit: If you need to upload the picture after the fact it needs to be called mainpicture.jpg to show up properly on the website

What about embedding a GCODE viewer such as this one? It would be slick to view 3d models of the shared files.

2 Likes

That is a fantastic idea!

Working on thatā€¦ so to add a the mainpicture.jpg; i need to fork and create a pull request with the file?

You should just be able to click the ā€œupload filesā€ button on the top of the page here:

Edit: You should have received an email with an invitation get access to the project like this:

Nice! I didnā€™t see the invitation before and was getting the message telling me I didnā€™t have access to upload to the master branch.

I see we got it there via the fork and I have now accepted the invite and have access to upload to the master branch.

The mainpicture still seems to be broken on the main community garden site. Does that regen at some point?

EDIT: Disregard my question ā€¦ itā€™s there now.

2 Likes

Since Iā€™m posting the cover picture from all the other CG projects onto their respective Forum topicsā€¦

1 Like

I made a video introducing the community garden:

2 Likes

And here is a quick introduction to creating a new project: :tada:

2 Likes