Cutting Corners 5 Minute Sled

Bumble Bees aren’t supposed to fly either …

Let me explain how I come up with these names. My Garage is 1/2 block away from my house. Just about everything I do I have to make at least 3 trips. So if after 6 trips 3 to make it and 3 to put it back, with stopping to take pictures it takes 10 minutes. I cut it in half.

OK - now the build. Using a 30 x 30 inch sheet I had left over to make a sled from the 80/60 build, I made a quick sled. I started by making a 17 inch square.

I then put diagonals across the corners to locate the center. I then measured in 4.25 inches from the corners to put diagonals for my cuts.

I then cut out the 17 inch square, followed by the diagonals to cut off the corners.

The router will mount on the back “rought” side.

I then traced a rough circle I will sand the edges to remove material to allow this to be close to a circle it will be riding on. I will rub it down after sanding with bees wax, you could substitute bar soap.

I still need to drill the Center Hole with a hole saw.

I think this gets the point across. Fast, cheap, easy. Sounds like dating in my 20’s.

Next!

Thank you

3 Likes

you have a router, why buy a hole saw kit?
:slight_smile:

the hole in the center doesn’t need to be accurate, it just needs to clear the business end of the router and leave enough material for the mounting holes.

2 Likes

I really feel that there’s a need for an ‘ugly build’ video, how badly can a machine be constructed and still be good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I might excel at that - LOL

2 Likes

The Maslow Lemon’s Build Race!
https://24hoursoflemons.com/

1 Like

OMG That is Awesome

Thank you

PS. You can’t write HTML jokes in an HTLM editor :frowning:

But a screen capture will work -

Does it still have the $500 claim rule?

1 Like
2 Likes

I own that movie. Your pushing my buttons. I had a how to use a milk crate and zipties build of a desktop PC before there was an inventables.

Thank you

Sled Progress …

Sanded edges

transferring hole pattern
IMG_5489
mounting
IMG_5492
On the Masow
IMG_5494
prep bricks, I couldn’t find holly bricks so I made some!

complete with Bungie Cap
IMG_5666
I added a nail hole at the top of my frame to “park” my sled when not in use.
IMG_5664

Thank you

4 Likes

I like that idea!