Detailed SVG...too much detail?

Just need to find a dxf editor that will accommodate node snap, thin, generalization, self intersections, and holes (errors). I used a GIS program to do these operations. It looks like inkscape will work for svg files and several of the autocad programs will work for dxf as well. Try a search for “edit nodes in a dxf file”

cheers

1 Like

corel draw works

1 Like

I know how to edit nodes in Inkscape, and the “Simplify” function will reduce them, but I find that it also really changes the shape of the item being simplified. Editing nodes manually is doable, but I was hoping that you had a secret automatic way of doing it :wink:

1 Like

I also use the “simplify” function in Inkscape. But I am careful to save prior to executing it, so I can always go back.

1 Like

Well I kindof do, the node simplification in GIS programs can be fine tuned. But not everyone has access to GIS software.

1 Like

A robust and relatively easy cam software is estlcam, it’s free to try, much easier then fusion and much more robust then easel (never tried makercam myself). Bunch of YouTube videos out there to learn it. Its great for v-carving as well.
Use Inkscape to manipulate/create the svg and estlcam to generate gcode and groundcontrol to run the gcode.

Good luck!

2 Likes